• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So boompro would be the more sensible option? Although it seems to have availability problems, and seems like I need to mod the headset to detach the cable?
@usern gave you some mic advice, and it's up to you to choose one that works in your environment - but don't cover up the vent holes on the back of the headphone.

usern

So boompro would be the more sensible option? Although it seems to have availability problems, and seems like I need to mod the headset to detach the cable?
If you really need headset, then you could sell / return 560S and get Sennheiser PC38X which has been praised by Amir.

Otherwise hi-fi headphone + studio mic is best of both worlds.

GalZohar

I wonder how well studio-style mics actually work (for a sensible budget, as the use case is basic...).
Found this video and got worried about the extreme noise for every desk touch:
Also with a 27" monitor I'm not exactly sure where I should fit such a mic, or how well it would separate my voice from the noise compared to a headphone-mounted one.

Seems like you need to open up the headphones to replace the cable for something like the boompro mic? Anyone done that and can share exprience?

GalZohar

@usern gave you some mic advice, and it's up to you to choose one that works in your environment - but don't cover up the vent holes on the back of the headphone.
Looks like the covering up is rather minimal, I wonder if it actually has any effect:

usern

Found this video and got worried about the extreme noise for every desk touch:
Desk mount arm will mitigate that. These condenser mics (in the video) with simple stands between your arms pick up much more noise than dynamic mic on a microphone arm.
Also with a 27" monitor I'm not exactly sure where I should fit such a mic, or how well it would separate my voice from the noise compared to a headphone-mounted one.
Listen to yourself:
If I listen to the people with headset mics in game they will pick MUCH more noise up than that. Not to mention the breathing noises some headset mics pick up.

Last edited:

GalZohar

While Amazon price isn't at its minimum, it just updated to free shipping for Israel which saves 22$, I wonder if I should grab it before they change their mind or if the price will drop again later. Hate gambling... But I guess not much choice here.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to place a mic between the arms anyway, my keyboard wrist rest is on the edge of the table and my elbows are on the arm rests of the chair...

Seems like the problem with the mics that need to be in your face is that they will always be "in the way" of something. I sit about 50cm from 27" monitor, so the mic will have to be either very high, very low, or very much to the side in order to not block the view. Or be in a place where I can easily hit it by accident with my hands/head when moving around (I would prefer not to have to re-adjust the arm every time I play/talk and move it away after). I'm willing to compromise quality for ease of use as long as it's no worse than a mediocre gaming headset.

I see the HyperX also has a compatible arm:
Athough I've seen some mentions that it still transfers vibrations. Also even with arm not sure exacly where I can place it where it won't get in the way.

By the way, Amazon price keeps getting updated in very short intervals as I'm editing this post...

Last edited:

MrBrainwash

Beyerdynamic has silent revision of DT990 pro/edition with blue membran, they had already higher model DT1990 pro and to fill the niche they released DT900 pro x maybe to challenge a little HD560s. Most people will propably asumme superiority by price tag (it's not rational but that's our psychology)

Sennheiser will not stand and watch and now we see a response:

I wonder how they will sound and measure in comparition to HD560s. :) Maybe these will be HD560s with corrected tunning (without peak)?

Last edited:

adama99

Sennheiser will not stand and watch and know we see a response:

I wonder how they will sound and measure in comparition to HD560s. :) Maybe these will be HD560s with corrected tunning (without peak)?

There's another thread discussing the new headphones, including a link to measurements comparing them to the 560S.

At a glance, it looks very close to the 560S but with small tweaks at roughly 100 - 200 Hz, 4.5 kHz, and 6 - 8 kHz.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There's another thread discussing the new headphones, including a link to measurements comparing them to the 560S.

At a glance, it looks very close to the 560S but with small tweaks at roughly 100 - 200 Hz, 4.5 kHz, and 6 - 8 kHz.
I looks the same frequency response to me based on one of the later posts, I made a comment over in your thread....yep people can talk about it over in your thread.

adama99

Guys Sennheiser HD 560S or HD 600? The price is the same.

Both new? That would be a really good deal on the HD 600 (or possibly a bad one on the 560S).

The HD 560S has better bass extension, brighter treble, and is easier to drive without a dedicated headphone amp. The HD 600 is effectively a standard for "neutral" sound, has smoother treble than the 560S, and will generally be more durable in terms of drops or other handling mishaps.

What do you currently own, and are you looking for something with a similar sound - or to fix something you don't like about it?

akarma

Both new?
Yep
What do you currently own, and are you looking for something with a similar sound - or to fix something you don't like about it?
I have PC with Creative RX soundcard and cheap Sennheiser HD 206 phones right now. I want more refined sound quality (but HD 206 turned out not so bad for such a cheap headphones).

I have rather big head:) and how they fit my head is important thing too

adama99

I have PC with Creative RX soundcard and cheap Sennheiser HD 206 phones right now. I want more refined sound quality (but HD 206 turned out not so bad for such a cheap headphones).

I have rather big head:) and how they fit my head is important thing too

Either would definitely be an upgrade in sound quality. Both will have less bass extension than the HD 206, but the 560S will be closer. Fit on your head is something you'll need to try yourself, but if the HD 206 fit well enough these should also work.

If good bass extension is a priority, get the 560S - otherwise, the 600 has the better overall sound.

Alternatively, consider that the HD 600 will have better resale/trade value if you later decide you'd rather have the 560S.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Guys Sennheiser HD 560S or HD 600? The price is the same.
In addition to what @adama99 has said, the HD560s has a better soundstage than the HD600, which is beneficial for both music listening & gaming in my experience. My advice based on my own experience of both headphones is to get the HD560s, that's really due to the better soundstage & better bass that has more clarity within that bass when both are EQ'd.

GalZohar

Is there a simple step-by-step guide for applying the EQ (assuming you're using a software solution)? Or at least which software to install and figure it out from there?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a quick note for the folks that know me, I'm gonna be off-grid for a couple of weeks, I'll be back!

Top Bottom