• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I try them yesterday and the sound was great..thats why i worry if its change the sound with the wire of a mic..
And if someone used them in playstation 5,did he put the 3d audio on or off??
I dont want to give money for dac/amp..i want to have less possible wires to my desk.
Thanks again for your time..
Re Playstation 5, for any 3D audio settings you may have that has no relevance to the HD560s headphone, so we can't advise you on that, unless someone just wants to chime in on what their experience is of Playstation 5 3D audio. Someone else can assist you about how to connect up a mic, I don't use them, so please anybody reading this see if you can help him. I imagine this would be a non-specific issue (so not ultimately relevant to the HD560s), so would be a generic question about how to combine a mic with a headphone into the same cable, and because I don't use them I'm not gonna google it.

TedBaker

I think they're even a bargain at the more expensive price too! You've probably read that there is a difference between the New Version HD560s and Old Version HD560s - me & @solderdude measured some differences. If you're going to EQ them using an Oratory EQ I'd therefore recommend you use my conversion EQ that changes New Version to Old Version and then combine that with the Oratory EQ, so at the following post link is the conversion EQ and some background on the topic:
Because Oratory's measurements are mainly based on the Old Version HD560s then it makes sense to "convert" New Version to Old Version before applying his EQ. In fact, because I'm sure Oratory has likely measured one or two unit of the New Version & combined that with his "many" units of Old Version measured then it also makes sense (if you're gonna be combining it with my Conversion EQ) to use an older version of Oratory's EQ which would have been based solely on the Old Version HD560s which would be the following Oratory EQ:
View attachment 358856

So basically you'd just add the 3 filters in my conversion EQ to Oratory's list of filters that you can see in the above pic.
Thank you for this Robbo - saved me a load of time when it comes in tomorrow.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for this Robbo - saved me a load of time when it comes in tomorrow.
You're welcome. See how you go, I think it's your best starting point (for New Version HD560s) at the very least if you're deciding to EQ.

TedBaker

Well I was expecting a bright thin sound but I thought they sounded pretty good without EQ and the bass was more than I thought it would be. I had the 650s about 10 years ago and gave them to my son because they were a bit "dark." The 560s are not perfect on detail and they are a bit polite, but a steal at £119. With EQ (a bit more bass and some brightness taken out at 5k) I think they sound great and I'm really pleased. In terms of comfort, I feel the grip, but I am sure this will come off in time. I think I have a large head :), so I am surprised grip is an issue. For the money I think they are well made.

I am on an odyssey of cheap headphones because this is where I have never bought hps. Plan to get the AKG 371 next but I can't imagine they will be better than these.

The DX1 works okay with these hps as well.

Very surprised in a good way.

Thanks Robbo for your EQ as well.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I was expecting a bright thin sound but I thought they sounded pretty good without EQ and the bass was more than I thought it would be. I had the 650s about 10 years ago and gave them to my son because they were a bit "dark." The 560s are not perfect on detail and they are a bit polite, but a steal at £119. With EQ (a bit more bass and some brightness taken out at 5k) I think they sound great and I'm really pleased. In terms of comfort, I feel the grip, but I am sure this will come off in time. I think I have a large head :), so I am surprised grip is an issue. For the money I think they are well made.

I am on an odyssey of cheap headphones because this is where I have never bought hps. Plan to get the AKG 371 next but I can't imagine they will be better than these.

The DX1 works okay with these hps as well.

Very surprised in a good way.

Thanks Robbo for your EQ as well.
You're welcome! Yeah, New Version HD560s does sound good at stock even before EQ. Did you end up using my Conversion EQ added onto Oratory's EQ (the Oratory EQ I showed as a pic)? Did you make any adjustments?

TedBaker

Hi yes. I dialled yours in and took a touch of bass out. Only spent an hour or so - so I’ll fiddle with the Eq over Easter some more. I thought out of the box it was better than I thought it would be. I thought the bass was quite strong. I was testing with some bass heavy songs to test its ‘weakness’ but I had to reduce that area to my ears. Not what I was expecting at all.

TedBaker

Also the oratory Eq was quite different out of peace for the 560. I had to change everything to get to the starting position.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Right, so you used the Conversion EQ along with the Oratory EQ, just wanted to clarify that you applied both at the same time, because that's the intended use case of the Conversion EQ. (And yes, the Oratory EQ I pictured in my post is an older version of his EQ, which is chosen because theoretically it should combine the best with my Conversion EQ.)

TedBaker

Not sure now. I’ll need to audit what I’ve done but that was my intention. I started with the oratory Eq in your post and adjusted at the three frequencies you put in your post.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure now. I’ll need to audit what I’ve done but that was my intention. I started with the oratory Eq in your post and adjusted at the three frequencies you put in your post.
Literally all you do is put in the 10 Oratory filters, and then you add the 3 Filters from my Conversion EQ. So that means you end up with 13 filters being applied together. That's all. Then of course you can tweak things like bass to suit your own taste when listening music, etc.

TedBaker

Literally all you do is put in the 10 Oratory filters, and then you add the 3 Filters from my Conversion EQ. So that means you end up with 13 filters being applied together. That's all. Then of course you can tweak things like bass to suit your own taste when listening music, etc.
Ah ok- I’ve over complicated it. Didn’t know you could do that. I’ll go back and adjust it. Thankyou

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah ok- I’ve over complicated it. Didn’t know you could do that. I’ll go back and adjust it. Thankyou
(The logic of it is that the 3 Filters of the Conversion EQ convert New Version HD560s into Old Version HD560s, which is smart to do because the Oratory EQ is mainly based off Old Version HD560s. So theoretically that makes the Oratory EQ more valid & applicable to New Version HD560s - so yes you apply all 13 filters at once (3 from my Conversion EQ & the 10 filters from Oratory's EQ)).

Dreamic

Here are the probably only 4 5128 measurements of the HD560S
image.png

From this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/1780005
Resolve = Red
HypeTheSonics = Blue
Listener = Pink
SoundGuys = Green

Now, Listener claims to be a combination of average from the community... What this means when a 5128 is $60,000 and it definitely doesn't look like a result of averaging these other 3, I don't know what it is, who's measurements they're averaging.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 034832.png

HypeTheSonics looks like a weak seal or something, weakest in the lowend and highest 3k.
I don't even know what is happening with Resolve measurement but treble looks abnormal, lowest 3k and then by far highest upper treble, bad placement? Wouldn't surprise me.

SoundGuys looks normal, and is very similar to whatever was used to arrive at Listener's avg.
graph.png

Tried attaching the soundguys csv to this post (.csv isn't accepted). Also can't apply adjustments to Listener github targets right now, it's broken, which is why default 5128 DF.

Anyways, SoundGuys and Listener AVG and prob closest to Senn new version, at least compared to the other two results.

Attachments

• Soundguys.txt
    11 KB · Views: 12

TedBaker

(The logic of it is that the 3 Filters of the Conversion EQ convert New Version HD560s into Old Version HD560s, which is smart to do because the Oratory EQ is mainly based off Old Version HD560s. So theoretically that makes the Oratory EQ more valid & applicable to New Version HD560s - so yes you apply all 13 filters at once (3 from my Conversion EQ & the 10 filters from Oratory's EQ)).
Done it as described. Sounds really great.

I just adjusted the 105HZ down - too much bass to my ears.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Done it as described. Sounds really great.

I just adjusted the 105HZ down - too much bass to my ears.
That's good, it's pretty normal to adjust the bass to personal taste.

Does anyone know of any EQ presets that lowers the upper mids a bit with a slight bass shelf? Oratory’s harman one is just a blunt mess, and losses all the vocal clarity

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know of any EQ presets that lowers the upper mids a bit with a slight bass shelf? Oratory’s harman one is just a blunt mess, and losses all the vocal clarity
Have you got the New Version HD560s, which is the one with the shorter cable and it ends in a small 3.5mm plug? You could try my EQ that I use for the New Version HD560s:
If after listening you think it needs less bass then just reduce Filter#1 which is the 20Hz filter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom