• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD 580 Tone Remains On All Modern Sennheiser 500 And 600 Series?

gdgegregdrg

Sennheiser HD580 is the predecessor to the HD600. Seems like they increased the bass, reduced the shout. Didn't increase the treble. The overall sound of the HD600 is still considered bass light compared to bass boosted headphones. The shout is still audible and fatiguing to many around 3 to 5kHz. Many say it is treble veiled compared to brighter headphones:
1.jpg

We can see a similar evolution of the HD800S. It started off very warm and 6kHz peak is massive. They reduced warmth. Boosted 2kHz a bit from HD700 to HD800 and also brought in some treble and air to diffuse levels. Then they tried to finally fix the 6kHz peak with HD800S but since it is a huge problem it only did so much. These lingering issues with their designs seem to plague the entire 500 and 600 series and 800 series no matter how many iterations they make. Sennheiser is known for its weak bass, treble veil, lack of soundstage for a long time. They tried to improve this with 800S the soundstage meme etc. Seems like a lot of fail evolution and feeble attempts to fix a long lasting problem:
2.jpg

3.jpg

Also I found this funny:
u.jpg

solderdude

Grand Contributor
ggererrggegegeg erm... I mean Nouvraught... you need the DT990 in your life... with worn pads.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Ah you found my recent plots

You really want the peak eliminated ? ;)
990-stock-vs-filtered-no-tp.png

Why don't you just register again under 'nouvraught' ?
Oh right ... you were banned ... a few times already.

Top Bottom