• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser Hd 560S for mixing (100%)

Lilith

I have - beside too many headphones - also the DT-880 which is fine, but it hurts when I leave it on for some hours.

Stumbled over the HD560S which seems to be quite good. Is it worth to buy it and can it be considered as an upgrade to the DT880? I also want more bass.

I don't want to use EQ and get used it instead as it is.

Anything else I should consider? AKG 3x1 maybe?

b7676

Performance on the best newly recorded music (the 560s with Oratory1990, not as good without it),
Is when the set stands out from the Dt 990 250ohm.
Medium Gain L50 on 4v, The 560s are LOUD and bumping. The little wedge thing inside the earcup reflects some pretty low frequencies in a sweet spot.
the dt990 do the drumkit better but lose the bass guitar.
The 560s picks up all the bass guitar fingering and instantly identifies an SM7b mic in the mix. The sustain on the bass pedal drum isn't as fun even though it is much more holographic. The ergonomics, lightness, and earcups are really good.
You can get a balanced cable for them too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom