• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser CX True Wireless Plus... Does it hiss?

Graph Feppar

I am looking at the newest Sennheiser bluetooth IEM with long ass name you see in the title. Does it still have the low maximum volume and hissing noise problem like the older Momentum 2?

For those of you who dont know, Sennheiser made great wireless earbuds in 2018 called Momentum True Wireless. They were superb but had one major problem, they had horrible battery life. After complaints from users they released Momentum True Wireless 2 where they used different electronics inside to prolong the battery life but this caused new problems, they had much lower maximum volume, often not loud enough for some people and certain units had audible hiss caused by power efficient but noisy electronics.

Since then we had CX 400BT which was just Momentum 2 without noise cancellation, so I expect it to suffer same problems as Momentum 2 and latest, CX True Wireless and CX True Wireless Plus. I dont know what kind of DACs and amps these new one use, did they finaly fixed the hiss and volume problems of Momentum 2 or are they the same just with different Qualcomm bluetooth chip.

Top Bottom