• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Selling barely used Matrix Element i streamer/DAC/headphone amp, $750 shipped (33% off retail)

searcher

Gauging interest in a Matrix element i, as reviewed positively here by Amir. Purchased a few months ago to feed some ancient B&O Beolabs I inherited. It wasn't my primary listening room and now that the speakers are sort of falling apart I'm considering selling this to go for something like the Kef LS50 Wireless 2s.

Alternatively would be happy if someone could suggest some good looking actives <$2000 to replace the B&Os so that I can keep the Matrix. Only the Kefs and the Genelec Ones appeal visually to me and I can't justify the latter for a secondary system.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL 308p meets your budget.

The current JBL 708p is considerably more money but appears to be my last loudspeaker (barring catastrophic failure).

OP
S

searcher

I'm okay with the more traditional designs you guys mention but this being the living room the girlfriend has a say too...

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm okay with the more traditional designs you guys mention but this being the living room the girlfriend has a say too...
Sure, it is all a matter of taste and preference, and very few things are more important than keeping one's lady happy !!! Nevertheless, I think the Focal Shape 50s, or any of the Shape series would look great in a living room. They are an attractive looking speaker in my view.

Atratusnex

Genelec 8030C ? At least my girlfriend likes the design.(got the Genelec 8030a myself)

OP
S

searcher

Genelec 8030C ? At least my girlfriend likes the design.(got the Genelec 8030a myself)

I have the 8330s in my main listening room, gf is okay with them there but not in the living room. I also have one 8331 which I use as a center speaker which is gorgeous but I'm leaning towards Kef actives - it's more flexible if I move to a new place and want speakers somewhere that won't fit a DAC/Amp as well. Might wait until the LSX II which is rumored to come out soon.

Atratusnex

I have the 8330s in my main listening room, gf is okay with them there but not in the living room. I also have one 8331 which I use as a center speaker which is gorgeous but I'm leaning towards Kef actives - it's more flexible if I move to a new place and want speakers somewhere that won't fit a DAC/Amp as well. Might wait until the LSX II which is rumored to come out soon.
She might like the RAW genelec version more than the normal one... https://www.thomann.de/de/genelec_8030_raw.htm

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@searcher
are you still selling the matrix or just kicking tires? please pm if selling

Top Bottom