• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sell my NAD 7500 Integrated and Monitor Audio S6 Silvers, or keep them?

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
I figured folks here would be able to identify and might be able to offer advice! I am trying to make room for a home recording studio by going to JDS --> Genelecs. I could use the room and the dough, so was thinking about selling the above-mentioned, since 99.9% of my listening is headphones or near-field in small room. Thinking that it would cost me a lot of money to replace a higher-powered system like that in the future when I have more space. Must be a situation others have found themselves in. Any thoughts?

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Depends on how long you will be without the extra space required for the items you are thinking of selling. If you can anticipate having more space soon enough yes you may regret moving on from the S6 and 7500. Maybe not though. If you are mostly nearfield you are probably using the S6 in a less than ideal way.

If space is an issue, I think making the switch could be a great move. It is simply put, what is more important to you now and do you think you can be happy if you change or stay as is. I would probably try the new idea and go for the space savings. Frankly, you can find great deals on used speakers almost anytime so later if you want to return to floor standing passives, there will be many affordable options I am sure. That is how I picked up my Monitor Audio PL200, on the used market.

OP
B

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
thanks for your perspective! any thoughts on what it would cost to replace the power/functionality/quality of the NAD in a new unit? (this was their top-of-the-line amp in the late eighties, I think)

Top Bottom