• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Seeking JBL M2 Advice / Demo

mpsrig

Hey all. Long time reader but first time poster.

I'm strongly considering purchasing 2x JBL M2 to upgrade/replace my main 2 channel setup. I'm drawn to the M2 after years of enjoying a pair of the "little brother" LSR305 in a nearfield setup.

This is a big commitment, not just because of the financial cost but also the physical size and weight. So I'm really hoping to demo these somehow before pulling the trigger.

Would any member with the M2s be willing to demo your setup for me? I'm located in the San Francisco area, and willing to travel, most of the west coast is fair game. I also visit New York with some frequency. I am happy to provide character references / vaccine card / etc.

I heard that some folks have actually gotten demos of these speakers at the Northridge, CA factory. I'm not sure how to go about arranging this, but that sounds like something that could work out well for me.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

(My current main 2 channel setup is a pair of vintage Mordaunt Short MS35Ti along with an RBH Sound MS-8.1 sub. It sounds pretty good relative to a lot of systems, but it lacks clarity and power, especially in the low end.)

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can think of 3 options for you. First, if you're buying new, have your dealer setup a visit to Harman in Northridge, CA. If you're not, @goskers is in NC and is selling a pair that you could likely hear. The last option, I'm not selling them but you're more than welcome to come to FL and listen to my setup as noted below.

OP
M

mpsrig

Thanks @jwtrace - my usual "dealer" is Sweetwater and the option of a demo at Northridge was not offered despite specifically asking about it. If anybody has a suggestion of a different dealer with perhaps a closer relationship with JBL, that would be awesome.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks @jwtrace - my usual "dealer" is Sweetwater and the option of a demo at Northridge was not offered despite specifically asking about it. If anybody has a suggestion of a different dealer with perhaps a closer relationship with JBL, that would be awesome.
Try Dale Pro or @amirm since he's a dealer

Top Bottom