• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Seeking Advice] Elac Debug 5.2 vs. Sony SSCS5 vs. Q Acoustics 3010i vs. Neumi BS5

Bubba2022

Hi forum,

I've tried to read about these passive speakers, and have a hard time to decide which one to buy:
  • Elac Debug 5.2 vs.
  • Sony SSCS5 vs.
  • Q Acoustics 3010i vs.
  • Neumi BS5
  • Klipsch R41
Unfortunately I don't have the option to listen to each one of them where I live, so seeking guidance from anyone who've had these or more than one of these to what your experience was or the characteristics of the sound.
On a separate note, I read good things about Pioneer BS22 online, but realized it's no longer made available for sale on Amazon.

Use: I listen to Pod casts, Stream internet Radio (Pop/Rock/Dance music), Youtube music,
I have a pair of Edifier 1280DBs, and I like the sound, and it's bass is quite punchy too. Maybe the mid/voice not super clear but overall not bad.

Would appreciate any pointers! thx bubba

Last edited:
OP
B

Bubba2022

My system is now, Rod Rain BT DAC OPA BB2604 and AIYIMA A07
For speaker I got the Elac Debut 5.2, and even though they are not "small in size", they have a very good sound.

I can nowhere max the volume in my room, but quality is good on BT LDAC/APTX as well.

aiyima a07 - Copy.jpg

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I have owned the Sony SSCS5 and ELAC Debut B62. The Sony is more bright and the bass is lacking. The ELAC Debut B62 has more detail and a lot more bass, I assume its mostly the small with its little brother.

I know of a free "mod" that should apply to your ELAC Debut B52. If you take off the tweeter's grilles, it should perform a bit better. This mod was only tested on the ELAC B62 but I'm very certain it'll work on the Elac Debut B52 since they share the same tweeter.

If you want to know my source, its right here (Time stamp 5:10):

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Sony and Klipsch were very much not recommended:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sony-ss-cs5-3-way-speaker-review.13562/

These are the next model up but will probably still mostly apply:

Erin's Audio Corner liked the Neumi but I've see several subjective comments from people bought them and were quite unimpressed.

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd personally choose the Q Acoustic 3010i, but that is also the only one on the list I've ever heard in person. Your priorities and mine also likely do not match, so I'd suggest reading the test results and then all the comments in the threads of any you are still interested in after reading Amir's review.

Top Bottom