• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Secrets" about the consumer audio business you may find interesting

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I worked on a lot of car commercials in the 1980s. Budgets were lavish. A guy from Honda told me that a thousand dollars out of each new car's sticker was spent on advertising it.
That's mind boggling in some way. Honda was the cat's meow in the 1980's and all the cool people drove a Honda or a Acura.

Mowz

more than 500 million Chinese have a standard of living equivalent to ours.
What do you think they do with their money?
Not sure where you live but I live in the USA and spent 7 years in Shanghai and very few people came anywhere close to our standard of living.

Head_Unit

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Soundstream TC-308 to be the best cassette head unit of all the cassette head units I ever serviced in and out of warranty. It had adjustable play trim at the front pane
Yeah baby! That was a cool feature, too bad others never did that. Expensive I suppose?

Top Bottom