• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Second year on my front yard

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
yard-min_edited.jpg

OP
Rod

Rod

Sanctuary for bees, butterfly's and hummingbirds. Most of the plants supply sugars. Due to extensive farming in my area, mites, etc. populations are declining.

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

Thanks Amirm, I can go out there anytime in the summer and find carpenter, bumblebees, honey and wild bees. I enjoy seeing them again. Humming birds are starting to show up for the season. But butterflies are still rare to see, like Monarch's.

OP
Rod

Rod

Surprised coming from an old grizzled retired miner? See you never know!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Wow, that is one tidy front yard! And beautiful too. Ours is taken over by weeds and try as I might, I could not convince Thomas to pull them when he visited us! :D
Wow rod has put you to shame here good and proper :D

Beautiful space you guys have created there @Rod , I love it.

( @amirm , WE ( yes us together but I will do most of the hard labour ) can weed out your garden , I need full board and some photography lessons am free last week of June until end of July )

OP
Rod

Rod

Wow rod has put you to shame here good and proper :D

Beautiful space you guys have created there @Rod , I love it.
I got a lot of my ideas from British Garden Design. I don't have the space(or money), mine is humble in comparison, but here is why I went the way I did. Thanks Thomas.
broughton-grange-garden-design_10187.jpg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I got a lot of my ideas from British Garden Design. I don't have the space(or money), mine is humble in comparison, but here is why I went the way I did. Thanks Thomas.View attachment 12737
That’s a fascinating space, the way they have framed the ‘ultra’ meadow with the very architectural structure of the water feature plays out very intresting as dose how it all sits with the fields beyond.

Very stimulating space on many levels.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
( @amirm , WE ( yes us together but I will do most of the hard labour ) can weed out your garden , I need full board and some photography lessons am free last week of June until end of July )
Deal!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom