• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Search a good stereo amplifier to integrate in a multichannel HT

geekosa

Hello,
Sorry for my English, I'll try to explain the best I can :

I currently have a HT :
-Oppo 203
-Marantz AV8802A
-Onkyo PA MC5500
-Focal Sopra N2 + sopra center + Sopra Surround + Sopra Sub

I'm currently looking for a stereo amplifier (or pre-amplifier) which I can integrate inside my HT (needs to have By-Pass input, in XLR I prefer)

This stereo amplifier needs to have spotify/tidal/deezer cast (I mainly listen music this way)

I'm currently thinking about the Hegel H390, do you have more ideas that match my requirements ?

Thanks

Epos7

Parasound P6 doesn't have music streaming, but it does have a built in DAC and HT bypass with XLR inputs/outputs.

OP
G

geekosa

Hello,
I open again this topic.

I did not change anything yet in my setup.

I still don't know what to do to improve my sound quality.

I can find several possibilities :
- upgrade my AV8002A to a better AVR/AVP. I would like one with at least 3 HDMI 2.1 inputs.
- upgrade my MC5500 amplifier to a better one (I need at least 7 channels for my 5.1.2).
- buy an integrated stereo amplifier with spotify and tidal connection at least (or a preamp/integrated + a streamer) with HT bypass.

Which possibility is the best in your opinion ?
Do you have any example ?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your best bet is probably to upgrade the processor. Being able to run the Audyssey app with a new D&M processor will give you abilities to tune the audio as well as the option of Dirac.

I don’t know enough about the Onkyo amplifier but it was THx Ultra2 which means that it has the power it advertised and ability to run 3.2 ohm speakers with ease. There may be some noise and distortion or crosstalk, but the older “flagship” multichannel amps tend to be pretty good.

The new processor like the Marantz AV10 will also give you streaming capabilities.

OP
G

geekosa

I bought an LA90D, and I'm very happy with the perceived quality difference in stereo music compared to my PA MC5500.

Top Bottom