• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sean Connery RIP

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Loved the opening scene in Goldfinger when he was jumped in his paramour's hotel room by some random henchman and he disposed of him by throwing him into a full bathtub followed by a plugged in electric fan (musta been before GFI) and summed up the situation by saying "Shocking, positively shocking" in that wry and casual Connery British accent.

raif71

Major Contributor
1604228417678.png

raif71

Major Contributor
I put that in the same category as Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
Heyyy...your avatar is from the Sean Connery, Zardoz movie!! It's on my movie to see list now..

Dmitri

Forum Donor
If it weren’t for The James Bond, I’d probably be drinking red wine with fish.

Sad loss, but with an amazing legacy of films he left for us to enjoy...not soon to be forgotten.
BTW, the DB 5 with all of Q’s goodies...except sadly, not the ejection seat...is being reborn as a limited edition. The Goldfinger car for a cool 3.5 million, just in case anyone’s interested... ; )

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
My first date was Goldfinger, and so we all go into the abyss.

My father took my mother on a date, to a screening of Goldfinger in very early 1965 in the midlands of England after he'd already seen it in London in late '64. They were engaged and married soon after and he brought her home to Australia. I was born the following year. If he hadn't taken his date to that movie, I may not exist.

We talked about it yesterday and the two of them recounted it like it was only last week. As Dad said, Sean Connery had a great life.

deprogrammed

He tried to have a mé·nage à trois with Carly Simon and her sister. To have the brass balls to try. And with sisters....Respect. A man's man in real life. Oh the stories I bet he had.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
He tried to have a mé·nage à trois with Carly Simon and her sister. To have the brass balls to try. And with sisters....Respect. A man's man in real life. Oh the stories I bet he had.
You only live twice.

Top Bottom