• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Screenless DAP recommendations

BruceBanner

I'm looking for any recommendations. I have a Walnut V1 and V2s, both kinda dying a bit, but I'm also keen to see if there is anything better. I would be pairing with the Fiio A3 amp, to drive either etymotic or PFE 232's.
I'd like the following features;

- Gapless Playback
- Resume (if possible from specifically the time stamp within the file, Walnut V1 did this, sadly V2s does not and resumes only at the start of the track last played).
- EQ, well... even a basic one like V2s, Jazz for example sounded better than the rest imo.
- SD card slot, or failing that USB3/C, USB 2 is too slow for day to day copying of files.

That's it really. I like to keep things simple, I choose the tunes I want to listen to that day and pretty much copy to sd card and put in my DAP, hit play.

V2S is really nice, I just get annoyed with the resume not behaving like it would with the original. I also tire of having to toggle it to Jazz every time I turn it on. Maybe its the best bang for buck tho.

Top Bottom