• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Science: Are You Consistant in Your Views?

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Meanwhile, after 117 years of progress, Harley riders are now being offered innovative options! :p

Harley Ape Bars.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Meanwhile, after 117 years of progress, Harley riders are now being offered innovative options!
Secretly you yearn for a Big Twin like that
Only your wife said you couldn't have it

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Secretly you yearn for a Big Twin like that
Only your wife said you couldn't have it

I'm sure the guy on that Harley interprets everyone's puzzled looks and laughter as jealousy as well. It's a Harley-Owner thing, I guess;-)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
As I understand it, the only thing you ride is the couch. :p

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Again somewhat OT, but the Feynman quote sums up the current state of Audiophilia in a nutshell, i.e. especially because it's OK to fool yourself because it's only you. The problem is that they then go out on websites insisting that they are infallible in their observation which as Mr. Feynman points out is not the case.

I thought it was a PT Barnum quote that sums up the current state of Audiophilia in a nutshell

and I do mean nut

Alobar

Forum Donor
Seeing how 99% of what is posted about audio is junk science, I am going to caution you strongly to not use your lay logic and impressions to start any kind of arguments. Be ready to provide references to anything you claim otherwise, you are going to run foul of our mission statement and culture.
Interesting, 99%.. Got any references to back up your claim? :p

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This has got to be one of the vaguest threads I've ever tried reading, there ain't no science in this one! I blame it on the OP, but 7 pages, we must be bored!?

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What‘s with the drive-by broadsides? What purpose do they serve? :p

Physics and biochemistry and critical thinking skills are not science? I followed up on each of the science topics that was addressed, in depth, on my own. These were all introduced in this thread by true experts in their fields. It was all fascinating to me. I learned a ton. And there’s a lot left. Oh well. Back to DACs and speaker measurements and whether there’s some kind of decent A/V receiver? I guess? Is that the real science? ;)

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha, well I was trying to be a little bit entertaining/dramatic while at the same time making a point...I just started reading it because it garnered a lot of attention...I don't get it...this thread is madness! It reminds me of people having meetings about meetings. :-D

Blujackaal

Apparently, some don’t like being called out for their hypocritical views, which is understandable. Is there anything wrong with calling others out (in a gentle, respectful manner, preferably) in this regard?

I've had quite a few hostile blowbacks when i challenged some views on the Etymotic ER4S bass performance. The biggest in my case was the fact they didn't like me noticing holes in the claims or them clearly just repeating someone else view as there own.

Because they would in one thread bash BA's very fast ADSR performance & being thin bass. While in another thread give a Planar or Electrostatic headphone a 10/10 with the same ADSR performance or even bass level. Not to mention the audacity of being okay with a near 20db low shelf, But giving a ER4S a 6db bass boost under 125Hz yeah no that stupid.

Top Bottom