• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schitt Vidar vs Niles SI 2050

Hapo

...considering a used supposedly like new Niles SI 2050 instead of a Schitt Vidar to drive a set of ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0's...

...is that crazy...???...the SI 2050 does not look so far behind in the amirm reviews and is half the cost...

...I saw where that guy would rather have the AO200 than the Vidar...is he nuts...???...is that better than the SI 2050...???...

...I would think not seeing this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...tion-with-elac-debut-6-2s.29610/#post-1036765

...he must really hate that Schitt...

Last edited:
OP
Hapo

Hapo

...for those of you who were at the edges of their seats I ended up buying a used Niles SI2150 instead of a new Schitt Vidar...

...I really thought this would be a valid comparison...the Niles retailed @ like $800...I don't think they sold many though...

...I wanted people to post why one was better than the other...I was really hoping for some biased opinions here...

...I strongly expect the Niles SI2150 to be better than the A/B class Dayton APA 150 amp I am using now but not my Adcom GFA 550 in storage...

...maybe I will get the Vidar eventually and revisit this thread with some biased opinions...

OP
Hapo

Hapo

...this thread may be even less relevant than I thought...seller has still not shipped...

...I suppose this is better than a broken amp that was "fine when shipped"...LoL...

Ataraxia

This would be an interesting comparison.

OP
Hapo

Hapo

...to you and I, aparently...(grin)

...I don't have a Vidar but I have an Adcom GFS 550 and am listening to a Dayton APA150 which is an A/B amp so there is that....

Top Bottom