• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schitt Audio Master Marketers

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Wait a minute - a coaster with through-holes?

Well at least the coaster wouldn't stick to the bottom of your cold glass on a humid day. Not sure what it would do to 'protect' the table surface.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
There's actually nothing wrong with the protection circuit as-is. It is an effective turn-on thump muting circuit.

DC is a non-issue as the buffer stage is capacitively coupled via C-102- DC cannot pass at all- even if the output stage fails. As long as the C12/R15/R6 time constant delay is sufficient, C-102 will charge via R-106 to half rail and there will be no noise when the relay contacts connect the headphones.

edit, saw someone else saw that too. :)

Note the output side bleeder is 10k-ohms so the time constant is about 4.7 seconds... Better wait a minute before plugging in phones.

Dismayed

It ties in well with their marketing - their coasters won't work properly, either. Your drink will sweat and the water will flow through the holes in the coaster, and onto the table that needs protecting.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wait until the Schitt engineers learn about this news from the world of physics:

Supercapacitors turbocharged by laxatives

What fantastic new audio technologies might this development help them to create?...

invaderzim

Their genius started with the name of their company and it hitting the market right at the time the crowd that thought it was fun had money to spend on the things they sold. I can't fault them for it. In a crowded market I'm sure a lot more people remember their name than the other struggling companies.

When I got a shipment from them at work, pretty much everyone that saw the box with the return address thought it was the greatest thing they'd seen. Nobody noticed when I sent it back. And when I got my box from JD Labs it entertained no one.

Even some of the reviewers look like little kids when they get to say the name of the company and do word play with their adjectives for it. The five year old in us loves it; "Ha! Poop! That is funny". But don't let the five year old in you pick your components.

Their name is funny, creative, memorable and a bit anti-establishment at a time when being a bit in-your face is in; but it is probably not the best criteria for choosing an electronics designer/manufacture.

Just look at the comments on the video from RMAF where they are clearly drunk and or stoned; a large percentage of the people commenting want to buy from them simply because of that.

They are the anti-company company and if you go up against them you are going against the little guy, the creative guy; you are an old-timer catering to the big companies that aren't creative and don't care about how things sound. You just don't get it; these guys are one of us.

They identified a market, locked onto it and are the kings of it.

Last edited:

graz_lag

Major Contributor
There was already IKEA trying to stain the Kings of Norway (or Scandinavia to wider the idea) and their myths, Schiit has gone too far on that! :cool:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One thing is sure they are generating buzz ... even here :( >> My last post on this Schitty subject:mad:

Last edited:

invaderzim

One thing is sure they ar generatin a buzz ... even here :( >> My last post on this Schitty subject:mad:

I guess any press could be considered good press but back when I bought a Modi2 DAC from them I didn't find these types of comments. All I found were glowing reviews of how amazing it sounded and how cool of a company they were.

Top Bottom