• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Vali 2 Noise/Hum issues

Cafofo

Hello all,
I was looking for something regard hum/noise problem in Schiit Vali 2 and I find out this amazing forum with similar issues(Saga,Jotunhein...) but not exactly the same.

Schiit Vali 2 noise or hum discussion in head-fi and other foruns are old. Schiit says it is a product characteristic and 1/2 owners says that they have it and another half says they do not have..... it's something pretty much strange for me.

Does anyone here have this and have already tried to figure out what causes this?

For most people who has it acording to the tube they test the hum increases or decrease but never cease. For me regardless the valve or headphone I use I can hear/fell easly ( 6922 from Electro-harmonix or E88CC from JJ Electronic as Valves.... HD 598/600/650 , Hifiman Ananda as Headphones ) specially if I compare to my Vallhalla 2 which is really dead quiet .

As my small knowledge in electronics I've already test continuity to check the grounding on it. From the metal case to all 4 RCA out I have small resistence. But something that I did not undestand was ... "The Power Supply is not grounded"... I don't know. Because it's a dual PSU wall wart with 24VAC and 6VA ( 4 pin connector ) and none of them seems to be a grounded one. Idk if that's the issue but..

Any sugestions, any thouts about that ?
Thank you guys.

Top Bottom