• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Stack vs Loxjie A30

ho3ein

Hi, I finally made an account after reading so many topics on AMPs and DACs, I've learned so much from y'all so thank you :)

So I've decided to move my Klipsch RP-150Ms from my 5.1 setup into my room because I don't get to use the living room as much since school started and as of right now I am running a Schiit Modi 3 and Schiit Magni Heresy stack with a Sennheiser HD 598 ( I know I don't need an amp for these but I had issues with my previous PC's onboard audio that I pulled the trigger on the Schiit Stack and I love it ) and so I need a good solution on running both my Klipschs and headphones. do note that I am planning to upgrade my headphones to Sennheiser HD 650/660s later on. Also, I have an MSI x570 mag tomahawk motherboard on my PC, if that matters.

Based on what I have researched so far, I was planning to purchase the AIYIMA A07 Speaker AMP and call it a day but living in Canada, it'll cost me close to C$130 which made me look further and find Loxjie A30 which on paper sounds like a great solution for me, however, my question is, how much of audio difference am I going to notice on my headphones vs the Schiit stack? down the line, is the Schiit stack a better solution with the HD650/660s?

I would rather have an all-in-one solution which would cost me pretty much nothing if I were to sell the Schiit stack but I'm totally open to keeping the stack and investing in a separate amp for the speakers if the sacrifice in headphone quality is going to be noticeable.

Please recommend me any solution you may find suitable for me as it's been overwhelming lol.

Thank you!

raif71

Major Contributor
Hi, congrats on opening an account. So, from your 5.1 setup, are the Klipsch RP-150Ms your back speakers?

milan616

Forum Donor
Yeah there are a few other options if you like the way the amp stage of the A30 measured. The SMSL SA300 and Sabaj A10a have the same analog in and amp stages, but differing on other features. The A30 has a better digital in, the A30 and SA300 both have bluetooth, and the A10a is analog in only. You could go with the A10a and put the savings toward a physical selector switch so the Modi can output to either, or stick with the SA300 if you want the added BT input (it's not great to be real honest, but convenient).

OP
H

ho3ein

Yeah there are a few other options if you like the way the amp stage of the A30 measured. The SMSL SA300 and Sabaj A10a have the same analog in and amp stages, but differing on other features. The A30 has a better digital in, the A30 and SA300 both have bluetooth, and the A10a is analog in only. You could go with the A10a and put the savings toward a physical selector switch so the Modi can output to either, or stick with the SA300 if you want the added BT input (it's not great to be real honest, but convenient).
Thank you that's very helpful! I don't care much for Bluetooth tbh, its more a "nice to have" at this point. Also any chance you could show me few physical selector switches? I was thinking of just manually switching between the amps but that sounds way better lol.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
I see, in that case wouldn't it be better if I just bought a speaker amp and kept my stack? any suggestions? it seems that the A30s are out of stock everywhere atm lol.

You might also consider the Loxjie D-30 Dac/Amp. Same price as the A30. I'm using that with my HD58x and 6xx for desktop hp listening. It also has bluetooth. There's a good review on it here.

OP
H

ho3ein

You might also consider the Loxjie D-30 Dac/Amp. Same price as the A30. I'm using that with my HD58x and 6xx for desktop hp listening. It also has bluetooth. There's a good review on it here.
Yeah I've seen that and it looks good but then again I'd still have to purchase a separate speaker AMP :(

milan616

Forum Donor
Thank you that's very helpful! I don't care much for Bluetooth tbh, its more a "nice to have" at this point. Also any chance you could show me few physical selector switches? I was thinking of just manually switching between the amps but that sounds way better lol.

If you want to stick to the Schiit theme you could get the Sys and use it in reverse (volume at full, DAC to the out, amps to the ins), though of course it's a little pricey. You can search for similar, cheaper items on Amazon.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
A30 has an ES9023, a solid but pretty basic chip from ESS. Modi 3 has an AK4490, a delta-sigma from AKM. Both have their proponents and bashers. Both chips are chosen to save cost and - both have been competently implemented - are sound-transparent.

I am not sure I understand the speaker-headphones trade question. But as a happy owner of two Aiyima A07’s (fed by Modi 3’s + RPi 4) and of a Modi/Heresy stack for my cans, I can gladly report I love them all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom