• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit speaks

lamalaga

Another mistake. I don't work for Schiit and don't own a single item from them and probably never will.

If you must know, worrying about 100dB of feedback at DC being too much I consider about as productive as worrying about distortion at -100dB, if you know what I mean ;)

Ingenieur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another mistake. I don't work for Schiit and don't own a single item from them and probably never will.

If you must know, worrying about 100dB of feedback at DC being too much I consider about as productive as worrying about distortion at -100dB, if you know what I mean ;)
What was the mistake?
That he graduated with a BSEE or not?
According to the other reference:
Education 1997 - 1999
Bachelor of Arts @ Boston College
1994 - 1996
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Philosophy, Political Science @ Texas State University

two 4 year degrees in multiple disciplines in 4 years, at different schoools, impressive

https://rocketreach.co/jason-stoddard-email_4611089

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What was the mistake?
Education 1997 - 1999
1994 - 1996
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Philosophy, Political Science @ Texas State University

two 4 year degrees in multiple disciplines in 4 years, at different schoools, impressive

I wonder why after a BA at Boston College he felt the need for another liberal arts degree from Texas State University (the former Southwest Texas State University, and before that Southwest Texas Teacher's College), unless he wanted to party, meet women, and enjoy one of the prettiest campuses in Texas, right on the Balcones Escarpment. Let's just say it was never likely to appear at the top of any U.S. News and World Report rankings. But it's world-class for parties and meeting women, for those who exceeded the necessary coolness threshold.

Which I did not. :) But I'm sure he does.

Rick "an engineering degree each from Texas A&M and the University of Texas at Austin, but not cool at all" Denney

Ingenieur

If not accurate about facts like education how can anything else be trusted?
As far as I can tell he is not technically adept. That is OK to have others do design work, it is not OK to say you did it.

Colleges publish their commencement booklets on line, honor grads are listed, as are all graduates.

spartaman64

If not accurate about facts like education how can anything else be trusted?
As far as I can tell he is not technically adept. That is OK to have others do design work, it is not OK to say you did it.

Colleges publish their commencement booklets on line, honor grads are listed, as are all graduates.
well as the other person said you can send him an email if you care that much about it

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What was the mistake?
Education 1997 - 1999
1994 - 1996

"In 4 years?" Looks like it is over six years.

And so something seems funky here. His current linked in profile says he has a BSEE in Electronics Engineering with Emphasis on DSP GradeSumma Cum Laude from California State University, Northridge. It does not mention the other degree work.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonstoddard/

And then somehow he earned two other undergraduate degrees in 3 years each, while also being a managing partner for something called Centric (according to his current LinkedIn profile). Could be that he doesn't actually hold degrees from those other institutions, but was working towards those degrees. Otherwise, why not list them on his current LinkedIn profile?

OP
D

don'ttrustauthority

Forum Donor
I'm sure we can determine the validity of Jason's arguments without dissecting his motivations behind college or the minute details of his early life.
Let's stay classy here folks, that type of magnifying glass isn't necessary.
Look behind you. The treatment of the people at Schiit by this site has not been classy for a long time.

WickedInsignia

Look behind you. The treatment of the people at Schiit by this site has not been classy for a long time.
The treatment of the people from Schitt to this site has not been classy for a long time.
The difference is that this is a public forum. Schitt is a company with a product and PR to manage, and they are childish.

We don't have an obligation to treat these companies well because they're trying to sell something to us.
Also a forum is not one person. There will be classless people here, and cherry-picking them is a cheap way of disregarding all those who put real effort into debunking Schitt's claims.

I don't care for Jason but I do not think going into his past is productive. If we can't dissect his argument with sound logic, we are not debating it correctly. Even if he didn't have a comprehensive education his points are still valid as long as they are scientifically consistent.

spartaman64

1621603902789.png

how did you guys get this reputation lol

dfuller

Major Contributor

Kalessin

Forum Donor
I mean, all you really need to know is they named their company Schitt.

In 1994, the band Green Day named their third album "Dookie" (a toddler-level euphemism for feces), and sold 20 million copies...

chris719

In 1994, the band Green Day named their third album "Dookie" (a toddler-level euphemism for feces), and sold 20 million copies...

That's a band (that I think is crap, no pun intended).

I didn't say the strategy was ineffective, but you can see their lack of professionalism in some of their early products and reactions. They have apparently improved, good for them.

Kalessin

Forum Donor
That's a band (that I think is crap, no pun intended).

I didn't say the strategy was ineffective, but you can see their lack of professionalism in some of their early products and reactions. They have apparently improved, good for them.

Indeed, I was just riffing on the naming. Choosing a scatological name can sometimes bring a lot of attention to a business, perhaps under the "There is no such thing as bad PR" concept.

Top Bottom