• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Saga S or Topping L70 as monitor control

sambol

Currently I have passive monitor control and I don't like channel imbalance.
Idea is to upgrade to something better. Relay volume control seems like good choice.
I'm looking into Schiit Saga S and Topping L70. What do you think is the better choice?
I use RCA cables, speakers are Focal Shape. Currently sources are audio card (Asus Essence STX II) and DAC (JDS Labs Atom).
Also, any other suggestions are welcome :)

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Need multiple inputs and outputs (multiple analog sources, RCA outs for sub and another RCA out for monitors)? If you do then Saga S full stop. Both L70 and Saga are pretty much transparent in passive mode. If you will use headphones, L70 is the obvious choice

OP
S

sambol

Thanks for the answer.
I'm not shure that L70 have passive mode, but performance is so good that it shouldn't be a problem.
Also, I assume that Saga S in active mode is also transparent.
Is there any other device that would fit the purpose, any suggestions? Or there is no need to look further...

Top Bottom