• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Modius versus Bifrost

Lawyrup843

Let me be clear - when I say ”directly comparable ” I am referring to inputs and outputs. I am asking for subjective listening - I posted Schiit’s own testing which shows some technical differences. A full fledged test would be nice but has not happened for the Bifrost 2 as far as I know. BTW, I am not against double blind testing or level matching - I like to keep an open mind and consider technical as well as listening.
The thing is I don’t have time or interest in those sort of tests, although I can see the appeal. I like to try new things and see if it’s a fit. All I can offer is my experience. But it seems like 9/10 experiences I read on here someone always chimes in with rebuttals that sound like this….“abcd tests would prove that there is no difference”.

OP
Bob from Florida

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
The thing is I don’t have time or interest in those sort of tests, although I can see the appeal. I like to try new things and see if it’s a fit. All I can offer is my experience. But it seems like 9/10 experiences I read on here someone always chimes in with rebuttals that sound like this….“abcd tests would prove that there is no difference”.
I understand completely. The testing can be useful but I don't think it is the last word. What I hear in my room is the final say. I know what you mean about the standard rebuttal. It seems there is always someone waiting to jump in with a post to invalidate. To be fair the invalidations are posted by both objective only and subjective only views.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The intention is not to "invalidate" but to point out that casual listening impressions are simply opinion, which can vary tremendously. If you find them helpful, rock on.

Top Bottom