• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Modi and Magni

fibbi

Hi all,

I'm new to the audiophile field and looking to upgrade my desktop (PC) 2.1 sound (from HD Soundstick-wired one) . I have come across an article about with Schiit Modi + Magni with Audioengine HD3 is good setup. I recently got Kanto Yu2 to replace my HD Soundstick. The Yu2 and HD3 seems to be similar in spec (except the bluetooth which I don't need) and I am just wondering if I can also add Schiit MOdi and Magni (to my YU2) to further improve the sound? I listen to classical/jazz mostly. Not into movies.
I won't use headset , and I pick Yu2 because of the size. I don't have big space on my desk. Do I need both Modi and Magni if I don't use headset? Or it's not much of a use with my YU2?

Thank you very much for your input and greatly appreciate any help!

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You can connect the Magni's line-output, to the AUX input on the Kantos.
Me, I would return the Kanto's and get a more "serious" studio monitor setup.
The Kanto are great for the typical user who knows nothing about "professional" audio.

OP
F

fibbi

You can connect the Magni's line-output, to the AUX input on the Kantos.
Me, I would return the Kanto's and get a more "serious" studio monitor setup.
The Kanto are great for the typical user who knows nothing about "professional" audio.
Would you have recommendation for better speaker but same (or very similar) size? Thanks!!!

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Me, I would go for a studio monitor with a 5" or 6" woofer.
There might be good sounding monitors with a smaller woofer, but not something I'm knowledgeable about.

Top Bottom