• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Modi 2 Uber.. is it still worth it?

aoaaron

I can get a Schiit modi 2 uber and Schiit magni for £80.

Is it worth it or shall I try to get the Schiit modi 3 uber for £110.

I understand my other options around this price range are the topping D10 and Topping D30 but I've just had a Dx3 pro die on me so i'm not sure if i have faith in them anymore.

blank001

It's not competitive today, so no. If you plan on using USB, there's the D10 or SDAC for $70-80, or a bit more for the Khadas Tone Board.

OP
A

aoaaron

It's not competitive today, so no. If you plan on using USB, there's the D10 or SDAC for $70-80, or a bit more for the Khadas Tone Board.

Thanks. I am planning to use USB, and possibly optical in for another input.

I'm not sure if the Khadas has that.. also tracking down a board and case in the UK is hard.

blank001

Other oft recommended DACs: Topping D50, SMSL SU-8, and enog2 pro to consider.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Khadas doesn't have optical in, Topping D10 neither (only out).

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Get Modi3. It is reliable (for me), got good measurements, has case, no ESS hump, has 3 inputs. Stackable with Magni 3 (put it under Magni, not on top!!!). The only minus I have is it is always on, there is no off switch/button.

Top Bottom