• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Firefly00

Yeah they drooped it super fast. I probably would have gotten one but it was gone so fast. They wanted to see how it would sell. Heresy must have stayed way more popular.
I don’t understand it. Is there any reason to pick the Heresy over the Iemagni? I feel like it would’ve been more successfully marketed as a Magni 4 or 3++

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I don’t understand it. Is there any reason to pick the Heresy over the Iemagni? I feel like it would’ve been more successfully marketed as a Magni 4 or 3++

Price, red LEDs. Other than those, ieMagni wins. yeah, they could have added a better knob, protection circuit to 3+ and kept the red for the op amp one, and made the the 4 and Heresy 2 or whatever both at $120-$130. That would have made me happy, but a lot of consumers entering the game might not be ready to go over $100. There is a lot of emotion tied to that first digit of the price and it can make a huge difference in sales. Perhaps they could do a $300-500 Magni Maximus with all the features and performance of ieMagni and Magnius in a really nice case instead of putting p[rice pressure on consumers at the bottom tier.

Top Bottom