• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Fulla E or Schiit Stack

Kevbaz

Hi,
I’m looking to replace my Chord Mojo with something new. I use both optically out from my CD player and USB from MacBook running Qobuz. Headphones are Sennheiser HD660s and Grado SR325e.
I’m looking at getting a Schiit Fulla E. Would this be a good option fo the above, or should I go for a full Schiit stack Modi+Magni Heresy.
I like the idea of Schiit as it’s US made and they seem to recently make good kit. Also seems Grado use Schiit when Demo’ing their headphones.
Cheers
Kevin

OP
Kevbaz

Kevbaz

Anyone got any experience of the Schiit Fulla e, I’ve ordered one today to give it a go. Shipping is to the UK so will take a while to arrive at a guess.
Cheers
Kevin

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone got any experience of the Schiit Fulla e, I’ve ordered one today to give it a go. Shipping is to the UK so will take a while to arrive at a guess.
Cheers
Kevin
OK, I guess it's too late then.
My suggestion would've been a stack - that's what I own and use. I have Magni3+ though. No Heresy for me.

OP
Kevbaz

Kevbaz

Sorry for late response, Its pretty good. In the end I bought an RME ADI2 after the Fulla. I use the fulla when travelling with my laptop and when at home its connected to the TV so the kids can use it also for using headphones for music and films. Its pretty good has decent amount of power, I dont like to power on pop through the headphones, always worry's me it could be DC and damaging the drivers.
I do like the Sennheiser HD 660's but have since moved onto some Dan Clark X drop Closed backs I really like and recently some Grado GS1000e's Im starting to regret buying :)

michty_me

Sorry for late response, Its pretty good. In the end I bought an RME ADI2 after the Fulla. I use the fulla when travelling with my laptop and when at home its connected to the TV so the kids can use it also for using headphones for music and films. Its pretty good has decent amount of power, I dont like to power on pop through the headphones, always worry's me it could be DC and damaging the drivers.
I do like the Sennheiser HD 660's but have since moved onto some Dan Clark X drop Closed backs I really like and recently some Grado GS1000e's Im starting to regret buying :)

Thanks for the response! I would only be using it for on the go audio from my laptop also so that seems fine to me. I have a different desktop solution, This was just to chuck in a bag and use for on the go gaming and music. Appreciate the feedback. What was the final price once imported to the UK?

OP
Kevbaz

Kevbaz

Thanks for the response! I would only be using it for on the go audio from my laptop also so that seems fine to me. I have a different desktop solution, This was just to chuck in a bag and use for on the go gaming and music. Appreciate the feedback. What was the final price once imported to the UK?
I can’t remember the exact price but ist was pretty much a straight dollar to pound with shipping. I didn’t get charged duty or vat when it arrived which was ofd
Kev

michty_me

I can’t remember the exact price but ist was pretty much a straight dollar to pound with shipping. I didn’t get charged duty or vat when it arrived which was ofd
Kev
Looks like with VAT etc it will come in at around £140.
I think what I like about the Fulla/Hel is that I wouldn't need to install drivers/software as I would with the G6 so would be more versatile for using on my work laptop where I'm not allowed to install anything.

odarg64

I have a couple of Fulla E. Power output and range of volume control are suitable for my Grado headphones coupled with wonky hearing. I use one alone as a DAC/amp and the other as a DAC only with a Lehmann Rhinelander. Works fine with GNU/Linux (Trisquel).

Last edited:

michty_me

I have a couple of Fulla E. Power output and range of volume control are suitable for my Grado headphones coupled with wonky hearing. I use one alone as a DAC/amp and the other as a DAC only with a Lehmann Rhinelander. Works fine with GNU/Linux (Trisquel).

I'm a bit unfamiliar on the grados, I have heard of them being talked about but don't know if they are hard to drive or not.

odarg64

I've stuck with Prestige series models over the years and landed on the SR225e and 20 year-old SR325, which work well with my hearing difficulties. I found the current SR325x to be unusable.

They can be driven by a smartphone or ipod with ease. I only use an amplifier to accommodate my sources (USB and CD player via DAC; FM tuner).

Build quality is sketchy. Lots of hype among the fanbase (e.g., on Head-Fi).

I recommend trying before buying, if possible, or sticking with less expensive models so that failed experiments aren't as painful. They're great if they work for you. They're not if they don't. Funny how that works.

Last edited:

michty_me

I've stuck with Prestige series models over the years and landed on the SR225e and 20 year-old SR325, which work well with my hearing difficulties. I found the current SR325x to be unusable.

They can be driven by a smartphone or ipod with ease. I only use an amplifier to accommodate my sources (USB and CD player via DAC; FM tuner).

Build quality is sketchy. Lots of hype among the fanbase (e.g., on Head-Fi).

I recommend trying before buying, if possible, or sticking with less expensive models so that failed experiments aren't as painful. They're great if they work for you. They're not if they don't. Funny how that works.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I've got enough headphones for now but may give them a try in the future.
I've managed to grab a G6 amp/dac that I originally owned to tide me over for now.

Top Bottom