• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Audio? Ok.

cochlea

Forum Donor
Which came first? Schiit Audio, or Schitt’s Creek tv series? The tv series first aired in 2015. Did one of them borrow from the other?

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I have always thought that it was a bad name. I just despise saying the name around my children.
They could have picked any name and it would have been better.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I always wonder if the name is going to come back and bite them. As they start delving into more expensive gear I would think the consumer base would want something more “sophisticated” for lack of a better term. But it seems to be working for them. I own a Modi 2. Pretty decent little DAC for $100.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I always wonder if the name is going to come back and bite them. As they start delving into more expensive gear I would think the consumer base would want something more “sophisticated” for lack of a better term. But it seems to be working for them. I own a Modi 2. Pretty decent little DAC for $100.
I think what works for them is honestly they're massive amount of marketing. Every single device comes with a really long marketing story about how it was created that gets people interested. I don't think it honestly has anything to do with anything else. Most of their devices including the one you have (atleast I'm pretty sure) had issues with USB implementation for a long time. They also didn't care too much for good performance until they were outed by this forum. Literally living up to their name as if it was not ironic at all.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Schiit still hasn't chickened out at changed their name like these guys.

K3cevNW.png

Top Bottom