• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Audio: Marketing vs Engineering

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I'd say fixated a bit on the dacs measurements, but I could be wrong. :cool:

Yes, your'e wrong. ..:) I am one of the few that probably is not fixated on DAC measurements at all but do understand what they mean.
Maybe that's why I am not fixated on them nor on a lot of other things.
I am fixated on improving headphones though. :D

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Would someone please show me the relevance of multibit adc’s used in medical mri equipment when discussing multibit dacs used for audio?
I don't design such gear but I imagine the frequency of capture is above what audio ADCs can handle. And further, for imaging applications, the dynamic range is quite low relative to audio. There are ADCs that run at gigahertz speed but only have 8 bits of resolution. They are used in scopes and would make very poor audio ADCs.

Things like glitches which we see when many of the bits toggle at once is also not the problem it is in audio

Top Bottom