• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Scenario based audio testing/reviews

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone. Need feedback from you all (if you are a guest, this is your chance to register and shape the direction of reviews in the future).

A lot of products I am testing/reviewing is based on what is loaned to me or what specific unit I am asked about. That is fine but more and more I find that I cannot answer simple questions like what I just read: "what is the best DAC+headphone amp combo for $150." Or "what is the cheapest DAC for under $50 with good performance." Alternative, "if price is no object, what would you suggest?"

So are there common scenarios/needs like this that are common? Please suggest them and if there is consensus around them, I will work toward testing competing solutions to get answers.

And oh, if you are wondering about the word "scenario," this is Microsoft/software speak for focusing on which scenarios the customers have and then building the solution to serve them well. It is a way to assign priority to nailing some "end to end" solution.

Sythrix

Most common scenario I see is someone who just bought 150 to 300 ohm headphones (Sennheiser, typically) and has no idea how to approach the situation.

Usually they want to know the cheapest/best solution to fit their new purchase, presumably because they just spent all their money on headphones.

However, you'll have those who need portable, home use, or both.

I don't know if that's the kind of thing you meant or not.

Top Bottom