• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SBAF getting an APx555

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

dfuller

Major Contributor
Neat. Always good to have other sources of measurements.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Member purr1n
I don't think I'm overly interested in much said at SBAF atm with comments like this coming from that same member;

1622342126216.png

1622342183955.png

1622342232046.png

I don't see why some members there can't be a bit more respectful, as I don't see the same sort of comments about their forum or members here, or to that extent at least.

In fact I don't see why the two sites couldn't work together to provide dual or different sets of measurements for various products... but some apologies may need to be forthcoming first.

JSmith

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I don't think I'm overly interested in much said at SBAF atm with comments like this coming from that same member;

View attachment 132661

View attachment 132662

View attachment 132663

I don't see why some members there can't be a bit more respectful, as I don't see the same sort of comments about their forum or members here, or to that extent at least.

In fact I don't see why the two sites couldn't work together to provide dual or different sets of measurements for various products... but some apologies may need to be forthcoming first.

JSmith
I'm not completely sure about the animosity, since the technique and knowledge is there, in sort of mixed fashion (never strong discussions of psychoacoustics, but I've only visited a handful of times), their interpretations and viewpoints aside.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company

View attachment 132661

View attachment 132662

View attachment 132663

JSmith
They are trying so hard to avoid their world view from being completely destroyed. The level of jealousy and denial is unreal. Really when will they accept the truth. Is APx555B the last hope for them that will eventually "prove" what they hear or are they going to trash APx555B for being what it is after not able to prove anything. In headphone measurements, they were able to correlate complete erroneous test methods to something they likely hear. I wouldn't be surprised they "find" something and call it contributing to what they hear even though they can't even prove/willing to prove what they hear in the first place.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Let's see what reviews they come up with. The data and presentation. The commentary. The direction.

Waiting period is a few weeks to a month before the first ones appear. Barring delays.

We'll be participating on some level in the interforum exchange. Messages written here directed at them, examining their content and vice versa. It's exciting, but it shouldn't cause more bad blood.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Let's see what reviews they come up with. The data and presentation. The commentary. The direction.

Waiting period is a few weeks to a month before the first ones appear. Barring delays.

We'll be participating on some level in the interforum exchange. Messages written here directed at them, examining their content and vice versa. It's exciting, but it shouldn't cause more bad blood.
Seeing from the outside it's a good thing. More data more better.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
More data at the same parameters could be interesting, just from previous visits doesn't seem like a site that cares beyond subjective bullshit.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

View attachment 132661

View attachment 132662

View attachment 132663

JSmith
Umm, fascinating! Its amazing what knowing nothing while bathing in wild unchallenged speculation based around mistrust and extreme sensationalism produces on Internet forums .

A good old fashioned slap now and then would likely do us all some good ha ha

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Its great news , I hope they use it for good and dont weaponize it for petty tribalism.

We can all work together, audio products will improve and the industry will up its game more readily if we do .

faheem

Forum Donor

View attachment 132661

View attachment 132662

View attachment 132663

JSmith

I think they're closeted Amir fanboys, they're thread dedicated to him is so far off the rails.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My dream is that one day I wake up and there are detailed measurements for everything in audio someone would want to buy. I am trying very hard to make that happen by myself but it is an impossibility. So to the extent more people do that and measure things I have not, it is a great thing.

Another great thing about it is that manufactures will realize they have to take measurements serious since it won't just be me doing it.

So it all nets out well. What little fights may come out of it, is nothing compared to larger value of their effort.

dc655321

Major Contributor
They're thinking to contribute innovatation in the least interesting area of audio, electrical signal measurement?

Besides being a day late, this move seems entirely prompted to somehow "show up" Amir's measurements.

At least they're consistent... :rolleyes:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Besides being a day late, this move seems entirely prompted to somehow "show up" Amir's measurements.
That seems to be the case but hopefully shortly after he gets it, he realized it is not a tool for that and reverts to providing standardized measurements similar to mine so people can use either source for proper evaluation.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
My dream is that one day I wake up and there are detailed measurements for everything in audio someone would want to buy. I am trying very hard to make that happen by myself but it is an impossibility. So to the extent more people do that and measure things I have not, it is a great thing.

Another great thing about it is that manufactures will realize they have to take measurements serious since it won't just be me doing it.

So it all nets out well. What little fights may come out of it, is nothing compared to larger value of their effort.
A true statesmen like position to take .

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm you should be on commission from Audio Precision, they must definitely be selling more APx555’s since you’ve been doing what you do :D
No question about it. We have driven a lot of sales of AP analyzers to the industry and now reviewers. Klippel NFS is also following similar push. Sadly no commission though.

KSTR

Major Contributor
I've seen many AP's, and some Klippel analyzers, just used as decorum or at least way below their possibilities.
There is a whole lot of specialized knowledge required to get meaningful data from a test set (though with APx it's easier than with System 2 generation).
Finally, for things like isolating cable sound etc an AP is the wrong tool ;-)
I'm not overly optimistic.

Top Bottom