• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SBAF - Deluded circle jerk of audiophools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpatine

I recently had a chance to listen to a "Holy Grail" setup according to the SBAF folks.

Yggdrasil v2 > Eddie Current Studio > HD800

Wow... What an awful sound.

Muddy, distorted, soft, etc etc. Just brutal.

Would easily rather listen to my ER4XR out of my LG g7

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It does seem to be a rather cliquey forum, and it does seem to anger a lot of people who arent cool enough to get into the group. For a laugh go check out thier "hall of shame" section . I think they call it "how to make friends" or something.

Remember everyone hears differently though. You must not have the same tastes as the clique.

Or yOuR YgGY wAs DeFecTiVE

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Pics or it didn't happen.

Also, a new account with this as your first post?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Maybe @cuckhold_marv already posted there ?

If he did I find it distasteful.

People have the right of voicing their own opions and attacking someone on a personal basis is low.
You can address their preferences and question their methods and tastes in a friendly manner as well.

I have been called an idiot by Marv, which is his right as it is his forum, fortunately there are also some normal/friendly folks over there.
A lot of Amir hate there as well.

Stick to facts not to personal attacks when you don't agree with someone.

Cortes

While the Yggdrasil is not a remarkable piece of engineering, and I've not a clue what that Eddie is, it's strange that the sound is not very good.
HD800 sounds good from almost anything. I've run it in a store from my cellphone (a cheap one) jack and the sound was the expected in its price range (no better, no worse).

maxxevv

Major Contributor
If you want to hear the HD800 in its full glory, there really isn't a need for the Yiggy + ECS. Just a pretty budget Khadas Tone Board + JDS Atom will bring you pretty close to SOTA performance. The Matrix HPA-3B which I have as well, also sounds excellent paired with the HD800 and the Khadas Tone Board.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I've not a clue what that Eddie is

Eddie Current

Marv works (or worked) there for a short while and the owner is a personal friend.... SBAF

Indeed, whether one likes a sound or not is a personal taste.

garbulky

Major Contributor
I recently had a chance to listen to a "Holy Grail" setup according to the SBAF folks.

Yggdrasil v2 > Eddie Current Studio > HD800

Wow... What an awful sound.

Muddy, distorted, soft, etc etc. Just brutal.

Would easily rather listen to my ER4XR out of my LG g7
Surprising! That should have been a great match. It may have been your amp. If you were hearing actual distortion (clipping), then likelihood is something was wrong with the gear. It's been a long time since I heard noticeable distortion out of an amp.
The tube headphone amps I've heard did tend to sound a little soft and muddy, but I've only listened to limited number of headphone amps. But since you mentioned distortion, something was messed up somewhere.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
While I wouldn't say discussing some aspects of other forums is out of bounds, I think the OP is in poor taste. The actual 1st post is okay. Discussing why the rig didn't do it for you is ok. Maybe change the title of this thread (which I think you can do as the OP). The user name is over the top too. We can discuss differences and look at what ASR can contribute without running down another forum.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
While I wouldn't say discussing some aspects of other forums is out of bounds, I think the OP is in poor taste. The actual 1st post is okay. Discussing why the rig didn't do it for you is ok. Maybe change the title of this thread (which I think you can do as the OP). The user name is over the top too. We can discuss differences and look at what ASR can contribute without running down another forum.
Agreed, let's keep to topics that might expand knowledge and promote learning.

If you don't like a forum , don't visit it.
All things considered I'm closing this thread. ( Now I'm putting my badge back in the draw, iron is still on my hip mind ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom