• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

ezra_s

Forum Donor
:oops: Can they handle 400W?

I suppose not, but the amplifier won't be delivering so much unless I push it and if you read my posts I am even using attenuators now because I don't need high volumes but I want the RME ADI-2 DAC as close as possible to high dBr for maximun dynamic range (although the autoref does a great job to mitigate that).

ezra_s

Forum Donor
Both parties playing together, RME with attenuators plugged to their output.

I would love to have them both in my desk but I have not enough space.

IMG_20210802_230127.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

ezra_s

Forum Donor
Why do you use attenuators on the RME? The AutoRef turned on should be used to maximize SINAD on its output.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ac-and-headphone-amp-review.13379/post-401802

Also you could possibly stack the RME on top of the boXem on your desktop to reduce the footprint?

The top volume I can listen to without them and the boxem amp set to low gain is generally -20 to -30dBr, whereas with attenuators set to -20dB (attenuators I use can do -10, -20, -30) max volume is more around -6dBr to -3dBr, so with them set to -20 I generally listen with RME around -18 to -6dBr, which I think it may be the sweetest spot. Just trying to maximize dynamic range. I was suggested this in the RME forums.

I could stack them in my desk yes but still, even with my large desk I have to re-organize it somehow (again :D )

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Hey Boxem, have just realised we are neighbours. Greetings from Hautcharage!
Btw do you have a shop or you sell online only?

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hey Boxem, have just realised we are neighbours. Greetings from Hautcharage!
Btw do you have a shop or you sell online only?
I have been employed by the company installed at the exit of Bascharage direction Dippach for 12 years. Then we really were neighbours :).
We only sell online but I have had the pleasure to personally meet all our local customers until now.

Reactions: MCH

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
I would be happy if some where under the Christmas tree, but I heard corridor voices telling that Santa doesn't exist. So let's see what happens.

do i get a rebate if i grow out my beard (already got a half decent stature for the part)? :p

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@boXem | audio could you please publish measurements of your finished amps? Graphs like 1 kHz 5W 4 ohms FFT, THD+N x power in 4 ohms, THD+N x frequency in different power levels, etc. Especially for the Purifi based amp as it has your own proprietary buffer.
Thanks.

Top Bottom