• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

gsp1971

Forum Donor

1627928713279.png

well done you!

ezra_s

Forum Donor
I have it plugged to RME 2 ADI-2 DAC doing as DAC-PREAMP. Even in low gain this beast sounds loud, good that I have a couple of XLR attenuators at hand .

gsp1971

Forum Donor
I have it plugged to RME 2 ADI-2 DAC doing as DAC-PREAMP. Even in low gain this beast sounds loud, good that I have a couple of XLR attenuators at hand .
what speakers does it feed?

ezra_s

Forum Donor

gsp1971

Forum Donor
right now I have the ELAC DBR-62. In a few weeks I may plug the Buchardts s400 again.
brilliant. This is what I am aiming at. A hi-fi setup consisting of 3 components only:
  • My Oppo BDP-105D as a source and DAC
  • An Ncore intergrated amp from @boXem | audio (I hope it is still on the cards)
  • A well-measuring pair of speakers (shortlist to audition is ELAC DBR-62, KEF LS50 Meta, Revel M16)
I already have a subwoofer, so that's it. As simple as it gets. Then off to listen to music collection from the beginning. Bliss.

CMB

Moien Boxem,

You know what would be tip-top?
A kind of volume/gain knob for bi-amping integration.

Merci vielmols.

CMB

Nee :)
I mean when using the same pre-amp/DAC for instance the ADI ...
into a tube amp (22watt) for speakers mids/high (via RCA out) and Boxem (via XLR) for the speaker bass section.
Then I would need to adapt the Boxem volume.
I saw that on the back of the NAD C298 actually.

BTW I love that orange look

Crane

Forum Donor
I received mine about a month ago and replaced an IOM hypex252 for a desktop setting. It has been pretty good, i opted for the black and perfectly matches my desk setup.

I'm not gonna pretend like there is a difference between the two soundwise but it definitely runs cooler and the audio sense on/off feature is pretty neat. This would be the third and favorite amp i used in the same setup previously i had a benchmark ahb2.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It runs cooler than a 252 Amp? My 252 amp runs ice cold. Same as my Purifi.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Nee :)
I mean when using the same pre-amp/DAC for instance the ADI ...
into a tube amp (22watt) for speakers mids/high (via RCA out) and Boxem (via XLR) for the speaker bass section.
Then I would need to adapt the Boxem volume.
I saw that on the back of the NAD C298 actually.

BTW I love that orange look
Ah, I see!
Well, I am not a fan of potentiometers. Mainly because they introduce imbalance.
What is the gain of your tube amp?

Reactions: CMB

CMB

Well, it is more a general thought than a an imminent need for now. I saw that feature on the NAD and it appeared to me that this might be quiet smart solution to allow the easy integretion into bi-amping or some home cinema add-on.

At a certain time, I run into that issue. I haven’t seen this in others amp at that time.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Well, it is more a general thought than a an imminent need for now. I saw that feature on the NAD and it appeared to me that this might be quiet smart solution to allow the easy integretion into bi-amping or some home cinema add-on.

At a certain time, I run into that issue. I haven’t seen this in others amp at that time.
We already offer 3 levels of gain settable by switch with the 4215/E2 (aka "the Purifi"). As I said, I do not like a potentiometer solution for a stereo amp for which I would prefer to offer a custom gain service, but I could think about it for monoblocks.

CMB

We already offer 3 levels of gain settable by switch with the 4215/E2 (aka "the Purifi"). As I said, I do not like a potentiometer solution for a stereo amp for which I would prefer to offer a custom gain service, but I could think about it for monoblocks.

Yes - saw that on the Purifi.

Thank u - well noted, especially that you could even be considering to offer custom gain services.
What a service here - Thumbs up!
Dat ass awer flott! ;-)

Top Bottom