• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello boXem | audio
I am interested in your purifi stereo amp. For me is always important to check the difference to other products before I buy. Here are my observations: I see a really nice craft man ship! I like the automatic standby, because I am from Europe as well. Build in Europe is also a criterion. What I am missing is a little more information about the frontend of the amplifier because this is the part that can make a big difference. A schematic would be helpful. I don't know how to secure your IP but I am sure you can find a possibility.... To know the key parts would be helpful. The color of the box is for me only important related to the WAF
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm working in embedded electronics for many years. And I know my English is not the best one.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello boXem | audio . A schematic would be helpful. I don't know how to secure your IP but I am sure you can find a possibility.... To know the key parts would be helpful.

I wouldn’t hold out for schematics and a BOM...he’s trying to make a living;)

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hello boXem | audio
I am interested in your purifi stereo amp. For me is always important to check the difference to other products before I buy. Here are my observations: I see a really nice craft man ship! I like the automatic standby, because I am from Europe as well. Build in Europe is also a criterion. What I am missing is a little more information about the frontend of the amplifier because this is the part that can make a big difference. A schematic would be helpful. I don't know how to secure your IP but I am sure you can find a possibility.... To know the key parts would be helpful. The color of the box is for me only important related to the WAF
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm working in embedded electronics for many years. And I know my English is not the best one.
Hi @BR52
We are open to open source (pun intended), but not for all projects. In example we will open source an input buffer for DIYing Purifi amplifiers when we find some time for this.
To try to answer your question, opamps are OPA1656, LDO is a TPS7A39. Input schematics is the classical two opamps instrumentation amplifier like the Purifi demo buffer. Resistors in the audio path are 1206 thin film.
Embedded electronics are a very large field. Curious to know more.
And your English is not worse than my frenglish.
...he’s trying to make a living;)
Indeed :). But honestly, the parts I want to protect is what make us different from the others. For the rest I do not really care.

BR52

Hi boXem | audio
thank you for the information. My intention at the moment is not to DY an amplifier. I am more interested to buy one. For me is fun to see how new start-ups coming to market specially with a system integration approach. Because it's not so easy to take care of all the technical requirements (thermal management, EMI, safety regulations and so on.....) for example thermal issues hitting mostly back in the long run and can easily destroy a hard build reputation.
As we know, coming with a product to a market with a lot of well known parts (purifi) from my point of view it would be necessary to show the world we can make an amplifier not disturbing the given performance from the data sheet. So a test from an independent institution to show is in my eyes not mandatory.
I would before I go to this institution check the performance by my self. Because to argue later is not the best idea and I have not the ability to fine tune (wiring...?) anymore.
Hopefully I could help a little (I know you didn't ask for)
all my best
BR 52

BR52

Hi here from an other thread
Mar 25, 2021

I think it is important to test these amps to make sure the buffer did not degrade performance. A lot of people are buying these amps on the strength of my review of the reference design. To the extent they are not, as was the case with NAD, we should not assume performance is the same.

Amir
Founder, Audio Science Review
Founder, Madrona Digital
Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine
Click for My Technical Background
My YouTube Channel

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company

Theodore8

Forum Donor
Just became the happy owner of an Arthur 4215/E2 ! This being ASR, I will spare you my fully subjective listening impressions—which are outstanding—but I want to share that the fit and finish ooze quality, from the matte grey of the body to the flawless silky coating of the front plate, the top-of-the line speaker connectors and the centrally located LED. The high-end appearance combined with the just-so-sober understated design sends a message of effortless high-end performance that perfectly fits my taste.

The mailing package was also carefully thought out with a smartly designed foam structure inside a box of thick cardboard, clearly able to protect the amplifier against serious shocks. Throughout the purchase process, I kept receiving regular updates on the processing and assembly of my order. Finally, I want to also thank Fred for his personal advice on optimizing the SNR of the system I was putting in place.

Wishing much success to boXem audio !

IMG_3121.jpeg

oursmagenta

Forum Donor
Hello,

Maybe a super dumb question. What kind of banana plug can be used with the Arthur 34/09?

I tried a bunch of them but they always seem to have a to large diameter... :facepalm:

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hello,

Maybe a super dumb question. What kind of banana plug can be used with the Arthur 34/09?

I tried a bunch of them but they always seem to have a to large diameter... :facepalm:
Hi,
Yes, these ETI binding post have a quite small hole in the axis. I am personally using Hicon BM08 self locking bananas with them.
For bigger bananas the holes done for bare wire usually fit, even if not very practical.

oursmagenta

Forum Donor
Hi,
Yes, these ETI binding post have a quite small hole in the axis. I am personally using Hicon BM08 self locking bananas with them.
For bigger bananas the holes done for bare wire usually fit, even if not very practical.
Just ordered them from thomann

Edit: I just received them :p
IMG_20210614_182725.jpg

Last edited:

ezra_s

Forum Donor
I just received this beauty

IMG_20210802_100851.jpg
IMG_20210802_100909.jpg

Top Bottom