• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks for posting the photo! As you seem to be open to frank feedback, I'll offer that I find the two-piece cases from March Audio easily more appealing than your six-piece case. However, I do consider your signal-sense feature a desirable one that I would make judicious use of. I think many members of this forum would be feeding one of these small-company Hypex amps with a DAC that includes volume control. Almost none of them include a 12v trigger output (Benchmark is the only one that I know of).

It would be nice to see a ASR test to confirm that the single-sided signal-sense circuit doesn't cause any channel imbalances.
Aesthetics are highly subjective, so I wont discuss the matter :). Case has 4 pieces (front, back, chassis, 'sheath' cover) and you will notice that the modules are in contact with the raw material in order to improve heat transfer. It is an additional expense to us, but we chose to take it because it is highly effective. Not something everybody does.

You are spot on with the use case DAC -> power amp. In addition to simplifying the cabling compared to a trigger, this is what we had in mind when we implemented the feature.
This feature is transparent. As you can see below, channel B which detects audio, is cleaner than channel A. The waves on the noise floor are due to poor filtering of the ADC I am using for the acquisition, and I didn't use an external filter.
A2408N2-distortion.png

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You mean that you never accepted cash so far:rolleyes:

In 2020, while cash might technically be a payment method, most businesses that sell online and ship by mail (as opposed to an in person store) don’t consider envelopes of cash mailed to them as a viable payment method, nor do most customers see it as a safe or practical payment option.

So save the eyeroll emoji for your own comment.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for your technical answer, but I imagined that boXem wouldn't mind a pick-up in Luxembourg.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for your technical answer, but I imagined that boXem wouldn't mind a pick-up in Luxembourg.

So the fact that you “imagine” they “wouldn’t mind” a pickup order in the world’s 168th largest country earns them an eyeroll for announcing they can now accept credit cards from the 99+% of buyers who live elsewhere? Why not just ask them if local pickup is an option rather than posting a pointlessly snarky comment in the thread?

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now it's you who "imagine" my comment is snarky.
My eyeroll is just about being surprised: after all, seems that we all forget that there is a primar way of payment, which is cash.
Hope that you will agree now, that we both stop posting further about this ?

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
No, we don't mind local pick up. Knowing the history of Luxembourg makes the notion of bringing cash in the country quite funny for people with bad taste like myself. :facepalm:

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, we don't mind local pick up. Knowing the history of Luxembourg makes the notion of bringing cash in the country quite funny for people with bad taste like myself. :facepalm:

I thank Da Boss for calming things down.
After all, boXem is located in the street of peace :p

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@boXem | audio

hello! I live in Brussels and i’m very much interested in your product!

I recently bought a desktop DAC with its own volume control, is it possible to bring it over and test the volume control with your units? i’m also very interested to know how the wake up feature functions as well.

is that 10% ASR discount still valid :p

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
@boXem | audio

hello! I live in Brussels and i’m very much interested in your product!

I recently bought a desktop DAC with its own volume control, is it possible to bring it over and test the volume control with your units? i’m also very interested to know how the wake up feature functions as well.

is that 10% ASR discount still valid :p
Hello dear almost neighbor ;),
Yes, the 10 % ASR discount is still running.
I will PM you for the rest of your questions.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just wondering:
Is it possible to bridge the amps, or do you foresee a mono version ?

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Just wondering:
Is it possible to bridge the amps, or do you foresee a mono version ?
Arthur 2408/N2 and 3409/N2 can be bridged.
Mono versions will come next year. But the first one(s) may be on the very powerful and a bit expensive side.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are there multichannel amps in the pipeline too? A 6 channel NC502MP with that auto on feature would be terrific for a home theater.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
New amps:

- Arthur 3109/N1 (Monobloc NC250MP based)

- Arthur 4614/N1 (Monobloc, NC500MP based)
You are faster than me :p
These two were in a drawer, "in case of". It happens there is enough demand, so here they are. The 4614/N1 is a quite nice amplifier.
Are there multichannel amps in the pipeline too? A 6 channel NC502MP with that auto on feature would be terrific for a home theater.
A lot of time was spent designing the current chassis. Now some time with the electronics, then new chassis for multichannel stuff.
I'd be interested in a 4-channel power amp, for DSP active system
You are not the only one. There is enough room in the chassis for 2 NC252MP. Thermals need to be studied, but main issue may be the space needed for 4 XLR and 8 bindings at the rear.

ririt

Congrats Boxem Audio for the release of the new amps. I just had a look on the 4614/N1 web page. I noticed a typo error (in bold in the following text:
Arthur 4614/N1 main technical characteristics are:
- Very low distortion at any audible frequency, allowing a perfect reproduction of the music as recorded
- Very low noise, silences are... silent
- Flat and load independent frequency response, whatever the speakers the amplifier will reproduce bass, medium and highs the same way, with the same fidelity to the artistic work
- Low output impedance (aka high damping factor), firmly driving the lowest bass
- High efficiency, electricity is used for music reproduction, not heating the room

In order to achieve these characteristics, we have chosen the nCore amplification technology from Hypex.

Arthur 3109/N1 can deliver up to....

Sounds like an Arthurs mix-up:p

Top Bottom