• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All combination now available (at least for Arthur 4215) :
imageonline-co-merged-image - 2021-11-08T205229.414.png

@boXem | audio Fred, what about your mono amps? Are these discontinued? Is black now the regular color (without customization) for cheaper Arthur?

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
All combination now available (at least for Arthur 4215) :View attachment 164186

@boXem | audio Fred, what about your mono amps? Are these discontinued? Is black now the regular color (without customization) for cheaper Arthur?
The Ncore based monoblocks had a very limited success to say the least since we started selling the Purifi stereo. So no reason to keep them although I personally think they were a pretty good deal. Purifi based monoblocks will come sooner or later.
And yes, black only for the Ncore based stereo.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
Hello,

I am a happy owner of an Arthur 3409/N2 (based on hypex ncore 252mp module).

I was looking for an ncore amp.
What decided me to go for Boxem:
- Existing tear downs showing very good assembly care
- External build quality
- External look
- Compact form factor
- Auto sense feature
- Clipping indicator
- Local parts sourcing
- European manufacturer

One would say that Boxem is not the cheapest in the ncore based amplifier market.
But I really do think its build quality and sets of features (autosense, clipping indicator, design) really worth it!

The cover anthracite/back textured paint is gorgeous (I opted in for Oxidized Grey faceplate).

The auto sense is a delight ! It works like a charm. It gets out of stand by as soon it gets a signal (up to 2 sec to power up) and gets in stand by within 10mns without signal.
No more trigger cable nor relay clicks nor pops.

I won't comment on sound quality as it delivers what we can expect from an ncore252mp :).
Very controlled, clean and neutral response.

I am very satisfied with this Arthur device and also with the interaction I had with Fred who runs Boxem.

Thank you @boXem | audio;)
Long life to Arthur lineup !

Theodore8

Forum Donor
Congrats! Grey on grey looks sharp!

Last edited:

bbforce

Hello,

I am a happy owner of an Arthur 3409/N2 (based on hypex ncore 252mp module).

I was looking for an ncore amp.
What decided me to go for Boxem:
- Existing tear downs showing very good assembly care
- External build quality
- External look
- Compact form factor
- Auto sense feature
- Clipping indicator
- Local parts sourcing
- European manufacturer

One would say that Boxem is not the cheapest in the ncore based amplifier market.
But I really do think its build quality and sets of features (autosense, clipping indicator, design) really worth it!

The cover anthracite/back textured paint is gorgeous (I opted in for Oxidized Grey faceplate).

The auto sense is a delight ! It works like a charm. It gets out of stand by as soon it gets a signal (up to 2 sec to power up) and gets in stand by within 10mns without signal.
No more trigger cable nor relay clicks nor pops.

I won't comment on sound quality as it delivers what we can expect from an ncore252mp :).
Very controlled, clean and neutral response.

I am very satisfied with this Arthur device and also with the interaction I had with Fred who runs Boxem.

Thank you @boXem | audio;)
Long life to Arthur lineup !

I can only fully confirm these statements for my Arthur 4215/E2 bought two weeks ago from Boxem - absolute highlight for me is the build quality (housing but also internal layout and cable routing etc).

In addition the support from Fred is first class - I had a kind of coil whine that was only audible when the amp was in standby (10 minute phase before the shutdown) - after a short alignment with Fred they directly shipped a replacement board that I could exchange myself - problem solved and customer happy :D.

The combination of Arthur, RME ADI2 DAC and the MiniDSP SHD Studio for Dirac Room correction and Volumio streamer works like a charm :cool:

Last edited:

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, that's the game, right?
Thanks!

Thanks for the nice words. I am French, we also add an 's' at the end of information when there is more than one. Interestingly, tThe typo you mention is not mine, but from the CMS used (prestashop, frenches too...), thanks for spotting it.
There actually is a grammatically correct way to use the plural “informations” in English, but it is the plural of a different meaning of the word “information”:

Last edited:

kepernagel

The big moment has arrived! :cool:

The results are absolutely pleasing. Congratulations @boXem | audio !!

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Here is the latest little guy, based on Purifi 1ET7040SA. Little but able to output 700W in 2 Ohm
https://boxem-audio.eu/en/mono-amplifiers/28-arthur-4222e1.html

Some work was done on the input buffer in order to compensate the 1ET7040SA higher residual noise when compared to the 1ET400A. At the end, the 4222/E1 residual noise is lower than the one from the 4215/E2.
An active common mode rejection system is implemented in order to limit the risk of ground loop when RCA is used.
boXem amplifiers usual functions are available (audiosense, gain setting ...), with an RCA input and a 12V trigger (in and out) as new features.

arthur-4222e1.jpg

arthur-4222e1.jpg

arthur-4222e1.jpg

arthur-4222e1.jpg

arthur-4222e1.jpg

arthur-4222e1.jpg

Theodore8

Forum Donor
Congratulations on the arrival on latest member of the Arthur family!

The specs are out of this world!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom