• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Saudi animation on Netflix!

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't say that I've ever previously watched anything originating from Saudi Arabia before, let alone (adult) humor:
https://www.animationxpress.com/ani...-masameer-county-coming-on-netflix-this-july/
Episode #1 is a gem, following the exploits of a clueless wealthy man-child whose quest for ice cream proves surprisingly tricky. Definitely worth a look if like me, you've grown weary of superheros, anti-heros, dystopias (especially ones filled with zombies) and infinitely prolonged serial dramas including most anime.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'd be wary of producing such entertainment.

Wouldn't want an appointment to meet up with one of these "religious functionaries" some fine morning...

OP
JeffS7444

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd be wary of producing such entertainment.

Wouldn't want an appointment to meet up with one of these "religious functionaries" some fine morning...
But as viewers, part of what makes it so interesting is seeing what's allowed and what's missing! I figure it'll be awhile before Saudi Arabia becomes a pop-culture powerhouse, but if they're lagging way behind PRC, they're still ahead of North Korea, unless one counts irony as "influencing".

Top Bottom