• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

saturday night fever speaker

Andysu

Major Contributor
any ideas what speaker make model ? looks like altec lansing ?
Screenshot 2022-12-01 00.10.36.png
Screenshot 2022-12-01 00.11.06.png

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, the top metal horn could be a AL. If the wood cabinet is a Voice of the Theatre remains to be seen.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Yeah, really looks like;

A7

s-l500.jpg

JSmith
then have match . odd can't see the altec lansing label on side of the speaker in the movie ?

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Yes, the top metal horn could be a AL. If the wood cabinet is a Voice of the Theatre remains to be seen.
i had feeling but wasn't too sure . not sure how many are used in the movie i think typical disco would have x4 each corners of the disco dance floor . often some are suspending by chains from ceiling angled downwards at the dance floor . good to have someone that can spot the speaker . thanks

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Well unless Altec paid for brand advertising in the movie... they would have removed branding.

JSmith
makes sense no product placement

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
sure how many are used in the movie i think typical disco would have x4 each corners of the disco dance floor . often some are suspending by chains from ceiling angled downwards
Learning how to quote.

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
If you're testing how to quote, best done in here rather than a live thread;

JSmith
Sorry, didn't know the threads in the "testing area" were considered "live." I just stuck this practice reply at the end of a random thread there. Should I start a new thread to practice? How can I practice a quote that way. Sorry, I'm new to this. I couldn't find specific instructions on how the quotes work, so I was gonna mess around a bit. I think no matter where I put a practice post, it will show up in the "new posts" and "latest activity" list, if that's an issue.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Sorry, didn't know the threads in the "testing area" were considered "live." I just stuck this practice reply at the end of a random thread there. Should I start a new thread to practice?
No I'm sorry... I didn't realise your post was actually in the test area, as the thread title misled me, plus was looking at other threads. So you're in the correct area, my sincere apologies.
I couldn't find specific instructions on how the quotes work
Just highlight what you want to quote and select reply;

1671004092200.png

... or copy/paste the text into the post area, highlighted, then select the circled icon;

1671004179935.png

JSmith

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
JSmith, thanks. I'm working up the courage to reply in a technical thread.

BTW, I have been posting in music threads. Check out some of those, especially the last dozen or so.

Thanks for the great moderating job you guys do!

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I'd guess it's a 511B horn.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom