• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Samsung S9 to be Announced in February

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Unusual to get advance notice this way but it is good to know for people planning new phone purchases:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/samsung-galaxy-s9-february-mwc-launch/

"You won't see Samsung's upcoming flagship phone before CES 2018 ends, but you won't have to wait that long to get a peek, either. DJ Koh, the Korean conglomerate's mobile chief, has announced at a press conference in Las Vegas that the company will launch the Galaxy S9 and S9+ at the Mobile World Congress. Samsung will also reveal when the phone will be available for purchase at the annual trade show, which will take place at the end of February in Barcelona, Spain."

Just in case you don't know, GSM World is the largest worldwide tech show for phones. Alas companies like Apple don't do much there so you don't usually get major announcements like this there from Samsung either. But looks like they are taking an opportunity to do it now.

Likely it will ship 2-3 months later after the announcement.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Saw that, hoping the price om the S8 comes down... My older son's S3 died and he bought an S7 from eBay and it is working OK, but we have three other phones on their last legs and I'd like to update.

Anybody know how the S7 compares to the S8 for battery life? Really the only complaint I have about my S3 (even with a replacement battery) since I ma not a heavy phone user. I have heard S5/S6 were not much better (and some reviews said worse) than my S3.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Yah, I read from you and others that th S8 was good, just don't want to pay that much for a phone (insert cheap emoji here).

Top Bottom