• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Salvage DIY speaker you don't like.

OP
M

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Gathering some hints from BMR speaker threads, they seem to need a VERY well sealed box, stuffed.
I look forward to reading about your results!

Wonder if anyones ever used like a PVC cap. Saw that recently on another speaker and it seemed like a good idea.

OP
M

mightycicadalord

What do folks think about the dayton kabd4100 for prototyping stuff, and ultimately integrating?

OP
M

mightycicadalord

These BMR drivers are quite impressive, I have one mounted onto cardboard taped to a 4" pvc cap, playing with stuffing. Gotta say even just putting them above the speakers and tossing on some xovers digitally makes for some impressive imaging, absolutely filling in what I felt was missing with the stock speakers. It is hard to argue with what I'm hearing so at this point I may pursue a 3 way with the drivers I have. Might make a new thread.

Here's some playing around with stuffing. Not sure what the 2khz spike is, have to work that out. They're not mounted to anything particularly rigid. Gonna be a good bit of trial and error, but I'm having fun.

bmr stuffing.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom