- Jun 27, 2018
- Boquete, Chiriqui, Panama
When I see that, I know they are taking the time to perfect each model.
Technically, perfection would be a speaker that is ±0.0db from 20Hz - 20kHz across a listening area. Unfortunately, acoustics in any space will not permit that, even if transducers could produce perfect output.) Perfection means no further improvement is possible, and "perfection" is not possible in the design of loudspeakers. Engineering and design staff can only balance variables with compromises that make a range of sonic "flavors" available. Even if 85% of random groups with verified good hearing who are selected for testing by Harman and others prefer a particular sonic profile, that does not mean that the likely range of "preferences" associated with the other 15% are based on "imperfections" and therefore invalid.
Quite frankly I subjectively see Burchardt speakers, in spite of their good performance, as unattractive, sharp-edged monkey coffins that will appeal only to those who like modern styles and interior decor - which is a lot of people. However, they will likely not appeal to those who prefer more organic or traditional decor. OTOH, I consider Salk speakers with their exquisite veneer finishes to be absolutely beautiful. If my budget were not so limited, I very well might have ordered a pair of Salk Song Towers and center speaker with a custom veneer.
It should be obvious from my comments that I love beautiful wood as much as I like excellent music from my audio system. Below is a picture of "Oasis", my 2011 award-winning African bubinga and quilted big-leaf quilted maple woodturning piece. That turning sits on my media stand between my Wharfedale D320s with their faux rosewood enclosures with their rounded edges and corners.)