• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Salk Speakers

rman9

Anyone can comment from owning and experiencing Salk speakers? I have ordered the Veracity ST a couple of months back, and probably won't get it for another month. I was a little surprised and disappointed a local hi-end audio store here have never heard of Salk..

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Anyone can comment from owning and experiencing Salk speakers? I have ordered the Veracity ST a couple of months back, and probably won't get it for another month. I was a little surprised and disappointed a local hi-end audio store here have never heard of Salk..
I own the Song 3 Encore with the Satori Beryllium tweeter and have enjoyed them for about 2 years now. Aside from being a truly full range speaker, the fit and finish are wonderful. A modest setup but very pleasing

Attachments

• Resizer_15441012685274.jpg
    Resizer_15441012685274.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 503
  • Resizer_15441012685271.jpg
    Resizer_15441012685271.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 520

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For better or worse, buying Salk speakers is kind of a leap of faith. Most come out happy for it I think. I have a pair of the little WOW1 and love them.

Try to find used ones; it might give you an idea how Salk speakers are valued by their owners.

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
I'm not really surprised they've never heard of Salk. Jim's output is a pretty small grain in the home loudspeaker sand box. Have they heard of Audio Science Review?

OP
R

rman9

Thanks for posting.. and thanks for those photos. Really appreciate your feedback. It's a little unnerving to order something that I have never heard. Those Song 3's are beautiful. I have ordered the V-STs in dyed maple.. It's been close to 90 days since I placed the order, and it's at the cabinets are glued.. Everything is possibly delayed because of the pandemic

OP
R

rman9

For better or worse, buying Salk speakers is kind of a leap of faith. Most come out happy for it I think. I have a pair of the little WOW1 and love them.

Try to find used ones; it might give you an idea how Salk speakers are valued by their owners.
Thank you for posting.. Those wow1's look really nice.. I was thinking about getting them for surround if I like the Veracity ST's when they show up.

Everett T

Forum Donor
Thanks for posting.. and thanks for those photos. Really appreciate your feedback. It's a little unnerving to order something that I have never heard. Those Song 3's are beautiful. I have ordered the V-STs in dyed maple.. It's been close to 90 days since I placed the order, and it's at the cabinets are glued.. Everything is possibly delayed because of the pandemic
I waited close to 5 months lol. You won't be disappointed with the STs, have heard the on 2 occasions and loved them. I have always been impressed with the TLs bass output.

OP
R

rman9

I'm not really surprised they've never heard of Salk. Jim's output is a pretty small grain in the home loudspeaker sand box. Have they heard of Audio Science Review?
I'd have to check with them on ASR.. I found Salk through youtube.. and so far everything has been extremely positive..

OP
R

rman9

I waited close to 5 months lol. You won't be disappointed with the STs, have heard the on 2 occasions and loved them. I have always been impressed with the TLs bass output.
Thanks for letting me know that it could take 5 months.. I was starting to get a little worried that it's been close to three months and it is still only at stage 2 of the process :)

OP
R

rman9

Or they have but don't want to say good things as Salk is internet-direct ;)
Just bought the MC462 and MC53 from my local dealer. I think they honestly have not heard about Salk. But that is okay. I looked at the test results, Amir rated the WOW1's at a 1? did he hate them?

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just bought the MC462 and MC53 from my local dealer. I think they honestly have not heard about Salk. But that is okay. I looked at the test results, Amir rated the WOW1's at a 1? did he hate them?
Don't trust the panther. You can't blast the WOW1 with bass. Your speakers are not limited by a single tiny woofer. I high-pass the WOW1 as Amir recommended. From his conclusions:

I had to boost the frequency of my low frequency cut to 40 Hz to a) reduce bass distortion and b) improve the fidelity elsewhere. It may be non-intuitive but this filter actually improves warmth and sensation of bass! How is that? There is such a strong spray of harmonics from bass that the tail end accentuates higher frequencies. Reduce that most extreme cases of that and you get to hear the music rather than distortion changing the spectrum.

The quick fix for the dip in upper bass worked very well. Directivity is good that region so EQ works well.

With both of these fixes in there speaker became rather enjoyable. It demands lots of power though and you have to be mindful of the little woofer getting too upset.

Everett T

Forum Donor
If you read through the thread most of it is addressed and it is mini monitor. Dennis did a great job explaining the measurements. I can tell you the Veracity will not disappoint and will hold a strong resale if you decide you want to go in a different direction. Also Jim is great to work with and I appreciate that greatly, as is Dennis. If you pm @swerd he can also give you detailed info and believe he has the VSTs.

Everett T

Forum Donor
Salk speakers are beautiful.
A wife requirement lol. I've been over two years waiting to do the theater room, which she gave me no restrictions and she knows JTR is the choice.

I've been satisfied with every Salk and Murphy product purchased, and Jeff at JTR has been great was well.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A wife requirement lol. I've been over two years waiting to do the theater room, which she gave me no restrictions and she knows JTR is the choice.

I've been satisfied with every Salk and Murphy product purchased, and Jeff at JTR has been great was well.

JTR is hard to beat for a dedicated HT, but the truck bed finish definitely isn't like the Salks :p.

Everett T

Forum Donor
JTR is hard to beat for a dedicated HT, but the truck bed finish definitely isn't like the Salks :p.
Haven't decided if I'll upgrade the finish on the front 3 or keep them hidden. 2 years and nothing definitive yet. :facepalm:

Heck I still have to finish the BMRs that are about 90% done. Such is life of people that live and love audio.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
R

rman9

OP
R

rman9

If you read through the thread most of it is addressed and it is mini monitor. Dennis did a great job explaining the measurements. I can tell you the Veracity will not disappoint and will hold a strong resale if you decide you want to go in a different direction. Also Jim is great to work with and I appreciate that greatly, as is Dennis. If you pm @swerd he can also give you detailed info and believe he has the VSTs.
thanks!! I am really looking forward to listening to the STs. Jim has been extremely nice in answering my questions with detailed answers. I'll try to pm swerd.. Thanks for that..

Top Bottom