• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SACD options?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
It's a long list and must have been a lot of work, but it's ten years old now and I doubt whether most of the receivers will be still be relevant in terms of HT audio processing.

After reading this thread, I wanted to see how my old Oppo bdp-93 would play with my Integra 80.3, so pulled it out and put in a SACD (Dire Straits Brothers in Arms 20th Anniversary), set it up to feed DSD, found the 'DAC Direct' setting on the Integra that enables DSD stream to go where it's supposed to, and like magic it all worked beautifully. I only have a small handful of SACD's, but at least wanted to see if it was possible.

Might have to play with the Oppo a little bit. It came 'free' with a Krell Showcase Processor, and I used the Krell for ages but never hooked up the Oppo... I don't even remember half the stuff I seem to have accumulated...

Top Bottom