• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj D5 vs Topping DX7 Pro!

MysterE

G'day friends!

Now I am certain there are plenty of others with the same dilemma! I am well aware that the DX7 Pro is yet to be measured by master Amirm but I have no doubt it will happen soon!

I'm sure either of these high-grade DAC/Amps would make all of us happy. Do you see any reasons to choose one over the other?

Secondly, I intend to purchase either the 887 Monoprice or the 789 Drop when they're available.

In case it affects the decision, I will be using them with HD650 HP as well as my Integrated amp (Rotel RA-1062)>Sonab 0a5-MkII.
https://www.carlssonplanet.com/en/speakers/produced/sonab-oa-5-type-2/ Here is a link to my fairly dated speakers if anyone is interested. Upgrading soon...

Q: What would you choose and why?
Q: Is it necessary to use balanced with either of these? (currently using 1/4 inch Jacques and RCA respectively)

I terminate cables at work very frequently so a DIY balanced isn't out of the question.

Thank you for reading! Hopefully, this clears a few things up for plenty of other people too!

Kind regards and happy listening,

E.

Last edited:

Gnasherrr

waiting on the measurements of the dac part of things. im looking at the dx7p since it has aes output.

fraa

I am also considering both options, and also D70 or even D90.
From researching the Internet, I got the impression that Sabaj has a QC problem. And also D5 has only the black case (I prefer silver). On top of that, Sabaj ignored my question twice.
On the other hand, I don't need a headphone amp....
I guess I am inclined to get the DX7 Pro, after the testing here, of course...

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
wait for measurements

Gnasherrr

Top Bottom