• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

eziitis

I have Sabaj D5, and it is good, and I did some comparison with other ES9038Q2M dac, D5 is apparently better.

no doubt, since D5 has ES9038pro not the q2m 2-ch mobile version. nevertheless are all 8 pro chip channels used in stereo mode is still unclear for me.

Malis

I have a hunch that we are from the same country. As I see, you have much more understanding of how DAC`s are working than me. Maybe you could research my unit to have a better understanding of it if you do not own the Sabaj D5 yourself.

andrewch

Hi there, recently purchased Sabaj D5. Great product, but I have one issue with the volume - 40 steps seems not enough for me. How can I get more volume steps? Is this something that can be changed in future firmware updates?

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Same question again !

I use a player where I have software volume. Not an affair for me to be not bit perfect, Sabaj D5 is sufficient for want I want.

andrewch

Same question again !

I use a player where I have software volume. Not an affair for me to be not bit perfect, Sabaj D5 is sufficient for want I want.

Missed that answer somehow. I went through a lot of posts few days ago to learn about D5. I use Tidal mostly.

DeepSpace57

Hi there, recently purchased Sabaj D5. Great product, but I have one issue with the volume - 40 steps seems not enough for me. How can I get more volume steps? Is this something that can be changed in future firmware updates?

Highly probably u have tidal tuned with Exclusive Mode and macOS. I just suggest you should tick system control under Tidal`s sound output option (either Tidal or macOS has a disgusting bug). Command +Space> type `sound` on the opened box. Make the system output as Sabaj D5. Enjoy then it

andrewch

Highly probably u have tidal tuned with Exclusive Mode and macOS. I just suggest you should tick system control under Tidal`s sound output option (either Tidal or macOS has a disgusting bug). Command +Space> type `sound` on the opened box. Make the system output as Sabaj D5. Enjoy then it

Thanks, I already have that setting on my macbook.

I have another question when it comes to filters. I'm using the fast linear (default). I've seen the filter measurements by Amir, but maybe there is more explanation as to what these filters do?

jruser

I just got my Sabaj D5 v1.5 :D very happy with it. Will only be using the DAC part of it with XLR.

1.5? That's the first we've seen that version. Anybody with the tools contact Sabaj to see if they can get 1.5?

peterwen

Audio Company

It can be change it by a update tool, if you need, contact with the seller and buy a tool for D5, and they will send your a special firmware to you to upgrade it.

Mr. Olinad

I just got my Sabaj D5 v1.5 :D very happy with it. Will only be using the DAC part of it with XLR.
Could you please just take a picture of the System Version display so we can try to get it with Sabaj?
I used the tool to update from 1.2 to 1.4.
If there's a 1.5, I'd like to update also.
With an evidence it may be easier to ask them for the firmware.
Tks

Mr. Olinad

It can be change it by a update tool, if you need, contact with the seller and buy a tool for D5, and they will send your a special firmware to you to upgrade it.
At least up to v1.4 it still has only 40 steps.
The update tool is sent by Sabaj for free if your version is older than 1.4.
I think the older versions had some problem (I never had), so this was a kind of "recall".
When you ask for the firmware, they will send you a message with both firmware and upgrade instructions. It shows how to connect the update tool and the software you'll need to install in order to flash the firmware.
The firmware will be available only for a few days. In my case I think it was something like 7 days.
I would like to know why they simply don't share a fixed link the same way they do with the driver (which is also old as mentioned by our italian friend).

This is how the e-mail looks like.
1585626009665.png

Ps.: I never had the knob problem they were talking about so this was a kind of standard message.

So please, if any of you put your hands in the v1.5, remember to share it with us

Tks

Malis

Is there a change log for v1.5? I would like to see the differences.

Also, where can I order the update tool and how does it look?

peterwen

Audio Company
At least up to v1.4 it still has only 40 steps.
The update tool is sent by Sabaj for free if your version is older than 1.4.
I think the older versions had some problem (I never had), so this was a kind of "recall".
When you ask for the firmware, they will send you a message with both firmware and upgrade instructions. It shows how to connect the update tool and the software you'll need to install in order to flash the firmware.
The firmware will be available only for a few days. In my case I think it was something like 7 days.
I would like to know why they simply don't share a fixed link the same way they do with the driver (which is also old as mentioned by our italian friend).

This is how the e-mail looks like.
View attachment 56441
Ps.: I never had the knob problem they were talking about so this was a kind of standard message.

So please, if any of you put your hands in the v1.5, remember to share it with us

Tks

If you have the upgrade tool now, give me your email address that I can send the file to you.

Top Bottom