• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

qfreak

I did not mean to send the above message to specific person.
If anyone knows where to obtain the firmware, we would appreciate it if you could let us know.

qfreak

I am sorry if it is rude or inappropriate to you, since I use the online translation site.

gvl

Major Contributor
Peterwen represents Sabaj here, if he can’t answer then probably no one can.

Mr. Olinad

I am sorry if it is rude or inappropriate to you, since I use the online translation site.
I still have a copy of the 1.6 (rev2)
You can go back to post #227 and see how Malis did to upgrade his firmware.

I also have a copy of the 1.7 version that was on Sabaj Official website but the content is too big to be shared here with the .exe inside.
1663892212938.png

I'll attach the .hex and .pdf in the v1.7 zip file so you can download the JLink V512e from the Segger's official website.
The steps to upgrade to v1.7 were a bit different from those used on the v1.6.
You can use the Malis video for reference but the instructions on the v1.7 PDF are very clear to follow.
Regarding the J-Link software, you MUST use the V5.12e for this.
1663892232332.png

If you have any doubt, let me know.

Attachments

• SABAJ D5 Firmware v1.6 rev 2.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • SABAJ D5 Firmware v1.7.zip
    370.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

qfreak

Thank you very much. It is really helpful.
The notes on the J-Link software version, etc. are also very helpful.
I will report here when I have the purchased update tool in hand and have successfully updated D5.

CrashHouse

I am a d5 user from Japan. Please excuse my poor English.
I would like to update the firmware, and I found a store that still sells the update tool.
But where can I get the firmware itself?
Right now, the support page only seems to have xmos drivers and manuals.
Can you please share the site of the store, cause they are verf difficult to find nowadays.

qfreak

I bought it from Hifi express.
But after my own purchase on 9/23, the product page is no longer stocked, so it may be hard to get anymore.
But it is worth asking in the chat section.
At first I couldn't find this tool on my own on hifi express, but I asked a question in the chat section and was given a link to the sales page. Now that I think about it, I suspect that they may have created a new product page for me.

Spitfire93

Is it normal when you turn it on from the main switch in the back the LED to go white for about 1 second then red and after that is turning on ?
I'm worried about the white LED as I've read that could mean problem.
Is it any way to make it not turn on after a power outage when is in stand by ?

Thank you!

Mr. Olinad

Is it normal when you turn it on from the main switch in the back the LED to go white for about 1 second then red and after that is turning on ?
I'm worried about the white LED as I've read that could mean problem.
Is it any way to make it not turn on after a power outage when is in stand by ?

Thank you!
Yes.
White->Red->Blue
I don't like it turning on after a power outage also, but I think there's nothing we can do about it.

Raducub

Hello guys. Is there anyone from Romania with an update tool? There are none available for sale. Thank you!

Megaken

I wanted to check if there's a firmware update but looks like they've removed everything, even the current one from their downloads. Or what's going on?

losty

Hoi zäme

Any of you owners know whether that D5 would support USB HID so that I could control the volume of that thingy from Roon?

Thanks & regards
Losty

Music57

Does anyone know where I can acquire the update tool for the D5 or would be willing to loan/rent the cable to me to upgrade my unit?
Thank you

Serg57

Good afternoon!
Maybe someone can help me with my problem.
What is the essence of the problem: I periodically lose communication via usb. It wears a chaotic sequence and time intervals. This can happen in 10 seconds or 30 minutes. The Connected message appears on the DAC screen. Then I turn off the full DAC (rear toggle switch) and turn it back on. The DAC connection to the computer is restored, but the connection can be broken at any time.
In this mode, it is completely impossible to listen to something.
Few technical specifications:
firmware version v1.4
driver version XMOS 4.67.0
Windows 10 Prof.
In the sound settings of the computer, all devices are disabled.
Friends, maybe someone has encountered a similar phenomenon?
I will be glad to any advice and help!
P.S. I tried USB cables of different lengths, different driver firmware - there is no result.

Carlo2AC

To anyone interested

Sabaj restocked its AliExpress shop with a few upgrade tools, here

If they run out, just message them :)

dburna

Does anyone have a Sabaj firmware upgrade kit? Or know where I can source one? I am stuck on a very old firmware version.....and it is buggy.

I went to the AliExpress shop but it was sold out. Hoping someone here can help me. I contacted Sabaj directly, but I am still waiting for a response from them.

While I am waiting, does anyone know what the 4-digit universal remote code is for the Sabaj D5? That is the other question I have posed to Sabaj. Still waiting on that response as well.

Thanks, -dGB

Top Bottom