• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

Megaken

Doesn't seem like it :(
My topping had that and when it's not detecting signal it would automatically go into standby and then when it detected signal again it would automatically turn on. I really miss that part.

fritobugger

Doesn't seem like it :(
My topping had that and when it's not detecting signal it would automatically go into standby and then when it detected signal again it would automatically turn on. I really miss that part.
Thank you for the speedy reply.

Kenny_Z

Do we have any Mac users here? I'm experiencing the audio break/gap issue in Big Sur 11.6.1. The firmware for D5 is 1.6.
I wonder if the problem is on D5 or on Mac's USB configuration. Did anyone experience the same problem?

georgek558

Hi i recieved today directly from sabaj store . Its not turning on can anyone help please.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Hi i recieved today directly from sabaj store . Its not turning on can anyone help please.
What have you done so far to try to turn it on?

Keep in mind: there is both a power switch on the back of the unit that needs to be turned on, as well as the power on/off button on the front of the unit. (Or the power button on the remote.)

1639839738457.png

1639839757551.png

georgek558

i did al that
There is a power selector in the back. It's usually covered by a sticker. Most likely the selector is in the right position but still check it.
i did all of that nothing helps . did check fuse too its acting like a dead brick

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Just circling back on the issue that @georgek558 was experiencing with the Sabaj D5. Turns out it was a blown fuse.
For anyone else that might run into this problem: the Sabaj D5 uses 0.5 Amp / 250V fuses.

Megaken

Glad he got it working.. How can a brand new product have a blown fuse tho

georgek558

i have another problem tho it seems that i cant get full power from xlr output my headphones are hifiman edition xs which is 92 db 18 ohm and sabaj has more than enough power to drive them but it fails also there is not much difference from using 6.35mm output

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
My D5 drives a pair of HiFiMan HE400i's, the 2015 version. Comparing the key specs:

Impedance
Sensitivity
FR
HE400i (v2015)
35Ω​
93dB​
20Hz-35KHz​
Edition XS
18Ω​
92dB​
8Hz-50kHz​

From my experience I can just barely drive my HE400i's to full volume (for my ears at least) when using PEQ via the 1/4 headphone jack. If I really want ear-splitting levels I have to switch over to the XLR headphone out.

That said I don't know much about headphone specs, so I don't know if your Edition XS's -- because of the differences in impedance and sensitivity -- are somehow that much harder to drive than a pair of HE400i's. Or if the power required to drive these two is not that much different, then is there potentially an issue with your D5, your power source, your XLR cable, etc?

Obviously some of the best headphone amps that Amir has reviewed deliver significantly more power than the D5; it's not a standout amp in that regard. The Monoprice THX 887, for example, can drive 3.7 watts (50 Ohm load via XLR, on High gain). That's almost triple what the D5 can do for a 50 Ohm load via XLR.

887vsD5.png

Top Bottom