• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

m8kbv

Is the shop you ordered from HFi express?
I also ordered from HiFiexpress, but I only received an order confirmation email.
It said "I'll let you know when it's shipped", but I didn't hear anything after that.
However, the product suddenly arrived a week after ordering.
Yes from hifiexpress, I wrote on chat with them and got confirmation that the package should within a week arrive.

longma

Thank you for your concern.
This symptom is never caused by the power supply voltage. My house power line is 103V, but I've also tested it with a voltage stepped up to 115V.
Symptom occurs in common with all of USB/OPT/COAX/BT/AUX. My opinion so far is that the thermal factor is a big factor.
I have had many discussions with Sabaj regarding products such as the A20a and A8, and they have always treated me as a gentleman, and I trust Sabaj.
The A30a is new and just launched. Based on my experience so far, I knew there was a certain amount of risk before purchasing. So I am never in a hurry. I have already sent the video footage documenting the symptoms to Sabaj. I hope they find the cause based on my report.
I am also waiting for information on whether the same symptoms have occurred in the A30a purchased by another person.
Sabaj should give you their products free. You are their best final product verification or quality control.

Toku

Major Contributor
Sabaj should give you their products free. You are their best final product verification or quality control.
I am a retired ex development engineer, but I have a strict observation and experience in product quality control.
I would be happy if they were of some help. Their products are technically very attractive and I can't help but check them out.

regan

Very good specs, much better than new SMSL A300 BTL.

View attachment 218385
Sabaj is more than twice the price of topping a300 though.

Ducnguyen2k10

I am a retired ex development engineer, but I have a strict observation and experience in product quality control.
I would be happy if they were of some help. Their products are technically very attractive and I can't help but check them out.
I also expect to receive my amp within next week. I live in Vietnam and the power voltage is 220V. I will try to replicate the errors that you’ve experienced so far and see how it’d go!

Toku

Major Contributor
I also expect to receive my amp within next week. I live in Vietnam and the power voltage is 220V. I will try to replicate the errors that you’ve experienced so far and see how it’d go!
Your results are very important to me. Please let me know.

longma

Hi Duc, what websites do u use to order Chifi gears in VN? I would like to recommend some good stuffs to my friends in VN. What headphones, iem, and speakers brands that are best performance/ price ( like Chifi SMSL, Sabaj, Topping ..) are available to get in VN. Many thanks.

Ducnguyen2k10

Hi Duc, what websites do u use to order Chifi gears in VN? I would like to recommend some good stuffs to my friends in VN. What headphones, iem, and speakers brands that are best performance/ price ( like Chifi SMSL, Sabaj, Topping ..) are available to get in VN. Many thanks.
I really don’t know! I rarely buy Chifi gears and I always buy from Aliexpress!

Toku

Major Contributor
Yes from hifiexpress, I wrote on chat with them and got confirmation that the package should within a week arrive.
Please let me know how the A30a works when it arrives.
I have passed on all the information I have found to Sabaj for consideration.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I really don’t know! I rarely buy Chifi gears and I always buy from Aliexpress!
We kindly ask our Members to refrain from using the term ChiFi. As we have a global presence and members from around the globe. Some members find this term to be demeaning and insulting. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ducnguyen2k10

Please let me know how the A30a works when it arrives.
I have passed on all the information I have found to Sabaj for consideration.
I was unable to reproduce the issue you mentioned! I would might need more configurations of your setup:
Do you have any other inputs like RCA input, optical at the same time with USB and perform input switching?

My setup quite simple, I connect to this amp using USB only from the Beagle Bone Bridge and performed input switching. This USB input of this Amp/Dac quite different than any Topping or SMSL I tried so far. When I perform input switching, it takes little (10 secs) while to recognize my bridge again. But no sound dropping experienced. Everything is solid so far.

Attachments

• 21E21EC2-5BA0-46ED-8DAA-E279F0CA20C6.jpeg
    21E21EC2-5BA0-46ED-8DAA-E279F0CA20C6.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 273

m8kbv

What speakers are you driving?.
Mine also arrived today (I won't check it until 6 hours later when I get home). I will let you know.

Ducnguyen2k10

So guys, I’ve got my amp today. Plug right into my Roon bridge usung USB connection. Everything is solid. Sounds good, better than my SMSL AD18. Stereo seperation good. Bass is good. Treble good! Noise floor extremely low. Fan noise can’t be heared. Amp runs lillte warm like my old Class AB Anthem STR integrated and I don’t turn off the amp, just let it there 5 hours straight by the time I writing this post.

Everything is just as I expected! This one is solid amp! $499 is a good buy!

About the cosmetic design, I don’t like the 2 handles in front so I asked the seller that can I remove them but they said no. I’ll try to open up the unit and remove it by myself, they can install the handles, so I’m 99% sure can remove them!

Attachments

• 2CACF8C0-8A14-4998-BB5A-AD8F5C4DCC20.jpeg
    2CACF8C0-8A14-4998-BB5A-AD8F5C4DCC20.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 182

Ducnguyen2k10

Mine also arrived today (I won't check it until 6 hours later when I get home). I will let you know.
My speakers are Pioneer S-A7-2, quite sensitive speakers and easy to drive! Even the small amp like SMSL AD18 can drive these speakers quite well!

Toku

Major Contributor
So guys, I’ve got my amp today. Plug right into my Roon bridge usung USB connection. Everything is solid. Sounds good, better than my SMSL AD18. Stereo seperation good. Bass is good. Treble good! Noise floor extremely low. Fan noise can’t be heared. Amp runs lillte warm like my old Class AB Anthem STR integrated and I don’t turn off the amp, just let it there 5 hours straight by the time I writing this post.

Everything is just as I expected! This one is solid amp! $499 is a good buy!

About the cosmetic design, I don’t like the 2 handles in front so I asked the seller that can I remove them but they said no. I’ll try to open up the unit and remove it by myself, they can install the handles, so I’m 99% sure can remove them!

I have sent you a video of the symptoms occurring on my A30a.
Do you have any of these symptoms?

Ducnguyen2k10

Update: still no issue with the sound with 4 hours listening session so far (i keep music music playin at low volume). The only issue is I just turned off the amp and tried to tear it down but no luck. After removal of all screws in the back, I could not remove the cover plates. It seems everything are glued together. Or maybe the thermal paste sticks the upper plates and heatsinks and chips altogether. I don’t wanna break this amp since I just got it less than 1 day. So if anyone has tried to open up this amp sucessfully, please share.
This damn rock solid amp with ugly handles. Shoot.

pickyAudiophile

So far everything plays flawlessly over airplay (audiocast pro m50 connected via spdif)/ usb-c/ as well as bluetooth.
The Sabaj logo looks better than on stock photos, somewhat three-dimensional at least. Albeit it's unconcealably east-asian provenance with gold symbolising wealth and success.
If I got that right you hooked up your Auroras, are you satisfied so far? Improved control of drivers perceived?
Can you confirm low fan noise? What's the distance from device where fan noise becomes inaudible? When disconnected from AC and reconnected, does it restore previous state of operation (on - or standby) or just standby, regardless?
I see that's maybe too many questions at once.... Have fun!

OP
P

peterwen

Audio Company
The Sabaj logo looks better than on stock photos, somewhat three-dimensional at least. Albeit it's unconcealably east-asian provenance with gold symbolising wealth and success.
If I got that right you hooked up your Auroras, are you satisfied so far? Improved control of drivers perceived?
Can you confirm low fan noise? What's the distance from device where fan noise becomes inaudible? When disconnected from AC and reconnected, does it restore previous state of operation (on - or standby) or just standby, regardless?
The fan will not start under normal circumstances, and the program setting is that the temperature will be turned on when the temperature reaches 60 degrees or more. Even if I use the 24-hour boot temperature, it has not reached this 60 degrees or more. So the fan will generally not affect the sound of the a30a

m8kbv

Hello,
Yes, I have connected my aurors and I am happy with the combination. I'm not an audiophile, I'm more "nuts" about electronics and always want "better". In the aurors I now hear better stereophony, it's more details, the treble is clearer (I think so). Better control I did not feel compared to the onkyo 8270, the onkyo has a lot of power and controlled the speakers well. The onkyo is not worse on the A30a, taking the scale to 50% the sound fills the room strongly (so the A30a also does well with the Aurors).
/ Too bad I can't use the remote to change tracks like in the onkyo (so I do it from the streamer app on the iPhone).
It's also a pity that the device doesn't automatically turn on and off after a certain amount of time in the absence of a signal source./
I haven't heard the fan yet, and haven't checked the operating status when unplugged. If you have more questions, I can help.
Regards!
P.S: Sabaj by the columns seems tiny but it has its charm:)
Zrzut ekranu 2022-08-9 o 07.34.57.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom