• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

snake69fast

Yes no problem with Xmos.

I just have Raspberry Pi4, before I had several PI3s with multimedia servers and readers to my DIY DACs.

Currently I have my entire collection on disk, but I haven't tested it yet because I use a lot of streaming via micro pc.

When I have time I will test and get back to you.

What software did you use for the pie? Volumio, Roon or LibreElec or Kodi?
Hi! I use Picoreplayer No luck with Sabaj A30A. Raspberrry Pi Zweo 2W can't see the Sabaj :(

ModDIY

Hi! I use Picoreplayer No luck with Sabaj A30A. Raspberrry Pi Zweo 2W can't see the Sabaj :(

It may be the software that has a modification in its kernel code, have you tried with Volumio, Roon or generic OpenElec???

Ok it's the Zero 2, have you had positive results with a another USB DAC?

The ideal not to pollute this post, because the problem does not affect many here, we can continue the discussion elsewhere on the Raspberry DIY side.

Last edited:

snake69fast

It may be the software that has a modification in its kernel code, have you tried with Volumio, Roon or generic OpenElec???

Ok it's the Zero 2, have you had positive results with a another USB DAC?

The ideal not to pollute this post, because the problem does not affect many here, we can continue the discussion elsewhere on the Raspberry DIY side.
I use it with many DACs but this is a digital amplifier and I think it request something else on Output settings. My laptop has no problem with Sabaj A30A.

ModDIY

I use it with many DACs but this is a digital amplifier and I think it request something else on Output settings. My laptop has no problem with Sabaj A30A.
It has nothing to do with the amplifier but rather with the chipset used IN Xmos. For that I say that we must investigate more, and this post is not made for that. Give me a few days and I'll try with my Raspberry PI4 with Volumio (or another I have a few mounted on micro sd), I'll get back to you. If it works with the PI4, it probably means there is an incompatibility with the Zero 2 and the A30a's Xmos y chipset, but as I'm trying to explain it's a pretty sharp issue to discuss elsewhere. .

ModDIY

Did you have to pay any import taxes or duties when you ordered from hifi-express directly? According to hifi-express: "For many European countries, we offer a tax-paid Standard Shipping method via Yanwen Express."

@peterwen
Could you provide a firmware where it is possible to set lower crossover frequencies than 70 Hz (e.g. 60 Hz, 50 Hz)?

@peterwen

I too would like a new version of the firmware with cutoff at 50hz and 60hz.

With a cutoff of 70hz, it's still good and I believe according to the cutoff diagram on the site, the cutoff is around 32db per octave , which is excellent.

I listened to an electronic musical piece with a lot of bass, and it was unbelievable the power with the sub. But my speakers could be cut lower, at least at 60hz.

Last edited:

ModDIY

Salut! J'utilise Picoreplayer Pas de chance avec Sabaj A30A. Raspberrry Pi Zweo 2W ne peut pas voir le Sabaj:(

Salut,

Ce matin j'ai testé rapidement avec le player Kodi (basé sur OpenElec) que j'avais déjà configuré pour mon autre DAC Xmos et cela a fonctionné du premier coup sans toucher à la configuration.

J'ai aussi d'autres joueurs déjà configurés mais déjà si Kodi joue la première fois, cela signifie qu'il n'y a pas de problème de chipset sur le Xmos.

Maintenant que vous avez le Zero 2 avec Picoreplayer, pouvez-vous nous dire quelle version devez-vous installer ???

Le dernier en date est : piCorePlayer 8.2.0 (5 juin 2022).

20221204_120527.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom