• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A20h Balanced Headphone Amplifier Owner's Thread

Veri

Master Contributor
I just wish the A20h would have a preamp function aswell. I got a Topping DX1 at the moment and would like to add a preamp for convience. A10h is just a a bit better in the amp department but A20h would be a huge upgrade (no preamp though :/)
Just an idea, if you use the 6.3mm single ended headphone out, you could use the 4.4mm pentaconn out to something like active speakers using a cable like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WSRRN1X

Not exactly the most beautiful set-up but it should work fine. If you really need dedicated rca/xlr pre outs I guess better to look at a more pricy amp.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just an idea, if you use the 6.3mm single ended headphone out, you could use the 4.4mm pentaconn out to something like active speakers using a cable like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WSRRN1X

Not exactly the most beautiful set-up but it should work fine. If you really need dedicated rca/xlr pre outs I guess better to look at a more pricy amp.
I guess that would work, but since this is not intended would it be actually working right? Like impedance factors, different line signal etc.

Veri

Master Contributor
I guess that would work, but since this is not intended would it be actually working right? Like impedance factors, different line signal etc.
A desktop amp's balanced out can be used this way with no issues, sure. Output impedance is also comfortably low since it's a headphone out :)
(Note I specify desktop because a dongle like an E1Da for example has no connection to ground for it to work properly, on A20h: no problem).

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've currently got the DO200 and an A20H amp and did some testing with RCA as well, and couldn't hear any hiss when turned up to full volume. It takes more volume wheel to get there with single ended but the A20H has so much power on the XLR/4.4 balanced connects it won't be a problem. It has much less power on the 6.35mm single end though. I have a heavily overclocked gaming system, and if possible always use optical if there's noise problem. I have a Febsmart USB 2 port card away from the video card as well for a silent noise floor. Just pause a song and turn the volume way up, if you don't get a hiss then, you're good.

Jarlaxle

Oh about the noise floor, I tested it with a sensitive iem. low gain was similar to sp400 but high gain was much more noisier. No suprises there though, sp400's gain settings are so close that virtually you don't need to change them ever.

DomieMic65

I find it in UK HiFi express store but I'm located in EU .. does anyone know about the taxes?
Thnx!!

Veri

Master Contributor
I find it in UK HiFi express store but I'm located in EU .. does anyone know about the taxes?
Thnx!!
Hifi-express should have all taxes covered. At least for EU export, I'm sure they have a UK process as well. Could mail them just to be sure but they should.

DomieMic65

Hifi-express should have all taxes covered. At least for EU export, I'm sure they have a UK process as well. Could mail them just to be sure but they should.
Thank you! Just did…

DomieMic65

Well hifi express responded that taxes and shipping are paid so I ordered from them... Now I hope it will not take long to come to Greece!
For 115€ I hope it will be good...
Thanks to all for your help!

Veri

Master Contributor
Is the RCA input performance of the A10h and A20h the same?
What do you mean, exactly? The output power of the A20h is noticeably different from A10h. The "performance" is excellent on both inputs, including RCA input. It is not an amp like Schiit Magnius or Singxer SA-1 for example, where balanced in/out has better performance :) I use mine in SE in/out or SE in/BAL out.

Jarlaxle

Is the RCA input performance of the A10h and A20h the same?
there is no way to know that, because there are no 3rd party measurements for a20h unfortunately. However I can confidently say that, setting subjective opinions aside, most balanced dacs have better sinad performances through their balanced outputs so, even if they are the same, performance of your dac is also in the equation. Hearing that difference is another subject altogether.

Top Bottom